Home Forums Administration LAShTAL.COM Problems and Suggestions Peter James Carroll/Chaos Magic section in Thanatos section?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author

dom
    Participant

Did I say “physical labour”?

Nope.

dom
    Participant

I’m looking for that quote AC made about him being disgusted at the thought of being an employee. Can’t find it.

@ignant666

Unlike AC you and I and most folk made practical decisions on assessing how we use ourselves to gain an income and not be homeless or poverty stricken. Right? You were a delivery person and i know you were paid by the education authroities so what are you talking about? You were an employee. They didn’t have “cabbalistic skryer” or “yogi” down on the list of prospective jobs at my Careers Officer interview at school.

ΚΕΦΑΛΗ Η
    STEEPED HORSEHAIR
    Mind is a disease of semen.
    All that a man is or may be is hidden therein.
    Bodily functions are parts of the machine; silent, unless in dis-ease.
    This I persisteth not, posteth not through generations, changeth momently, finally is dead.
    Therefore is man only himself when lost to himself in The Charioting.

I’m fvcked if I know what this rambling waffle is supposed to mean (not you but the person who wrote it) but thanks anyway.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  dom.

Tiger
    Participant

@dom
    what kind of labour, work, activity, diligence, operation are you talking about ?

The work of dragging everything in to the Island of your Tonal ?

ignant666
    Participant

I’m fvcked if I know what this rambling waffle is supposed to mean (not you but the person who wrote it)

Truly you surpass yourself with this remark, david.

Perhaps you are wasting your time at a site devoted to “the person who wrote” “this rambling waffle”?

As to the point you were trying to make about AC the work-shirker, the fact that trying not to get killed by NYC traffic depends on a mental state similar/identical to that cultivated by aikido practitioners in fighting multiple attackers, which resembles a meditation practice championed by PJC, tells us zero about the condition of labor in late capitalism.

AC wrote a great deal, even if you judge what is considered by many to be his best work as “rambling waffle”; i can assure you that writing is work. Mountaineering is also hardly the sport of the lazy.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  ignant666. Reason: New block-quote format contimues to confuse me

dom
    Participant

Just to be clear, you do know the AC quote I’m referring to about him finding employment to be demeaning and degrading?

AC wrote a great deal, even if you judge what is considered by many to be his best work as “rambling waffle”; i can assure you that writing is work. Mountaineering is also hardly the sport of the lazy.

Ok if you would like to explain that mystical prose I could maybe appreciate it.

“Lazy”. An interesting word. Mountaineering? That’s called leisure and yes, leisure can be demanding activity. You’re not getting it. I’m talking about the fear of having one’s indulged ales-heir spoilt-brat over sized ego reduced by having to admit you fucked up and now need to take orders from a boss presumably because espionage income is sporadic and poetry books etc were slow to sell.

ignant666
    Participant

Never was one for these dominance and submission games in daily life.

This “taking orders from a boss” thing was something i was pretty successful in avoiding in my working life, and i don’t see what you find so wonderful about it.

If that verse of non-prose from The Book Of Lies needs explaining to you, you don’t understand much about AC or his work, however many hundred times you may have read the Confessions. It is about the topic we have been discussing, silencing the chattering ape within, and sex magick as a means of doing so.

Tiger
    Participant

“Awake from dream, the truth is known:16 awake from waking, the Truth is — The Unknown. “
    JOHN-A-DREAMS
    https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/crowley/lies/33.htm

“it is no longer Thou that doeth it, but It that doeth itself through thee. Not until then is that which is done well done.

Thus spoke FRATER PERDURABO as he leapt from rock to rock of the moraine without ever casting his eyes upon the ground.”
    THE MOUNTAINEER”
    https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/crowley/lies/35.htm

Tiger
    Participant

Raise the blood of the Kesdjan
    change your relationship to the merciless heropass
    Awaken to the Terror of the Situation
    but don’t use the siddha to fall asleep again
    Invoke the kimespai

Tiger
    Participant

@thePickwickians
    don’t waste so much time on Crowley’s situation and comparing
    study his writings if you like

work with your experience

ignant666
    Participant

Along with martial artists, surviving bicycle messengers, sex magickians, and mountaineers, another group of folks familiar with “being lost in the Charioting”, with a state where “it is no longer Thou that doeth it, but It that doeth itself through thee”, are musicians.

This state where the music plays itself through you as a vehicle is more or less the point of all real music, and doubtless accounts for the interest of musicians through the ages in mystical/occult matters. The Stooges called it the “O Mind”; doubtless other musicians have called it other things, but all who have played music seriously will know what i am talking about.

Tiger
    Participant

all who have played music seriously will know what i am talking about.

Practice,Practice,Practice
    then let it take over and go with it .

You’re not getting it. I’m talking about the fear of having one’s indulged ales-heir spoilt-brat over sized ego reduced by having to admit you fucked up and now need to take orders from a boss presumably because espionage income is sporadic and poetry books etc were slow to sell.

no i don’t get it
    are you projecting ?
    what are you talking about ?
    fear issues around indulging ?
    Authority provider issues ?

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

The Stooges called it the “O Mind”
    Off the subject I know, but I remember reading (some while ago now) about there supposedly being some meaningful significance to the fact that there was a Double-O (or maybe zeroes, or infinity sign?) in the band’s name which had a special resonance, at least to Iggy – do you ignant or anybody else know what this was all about & whether it tied in with the “O Mind” as well in any way.

Dom, there’s no sign this ‘right walking’ was unique to or originated from PJC. Apart from which, as usual you have omitted to provide any page references for source. In this connection, you also gave “metamorphoses” as an example? – I have no idea what you are referring to there although presumably shape-shifting is involved. Care to expound?

Tiger, if you’re not careful you will worry dom that you are personally abusing him and generally “having a go” there (but you’re not though – are you??)

Yours concernedly
    J Noy

Tiger
    Participant

Tiger, if you’re not careful you will worry dom that you are personally abusing him and generally “having a go” there (but you’re not though – are you?

good point Jamie
    sometimes he seems sensitive other times he rolls with the punches and hangs in .

no i am not trying to abuse dom
    maybe just getting a spark out a him .

just couldn’t make sense of his post .

ignant666
    Participant

As far as i know, the Stooges were not named as being licensed to kill or infinite, but rather after that familiar Holy Trinity, Larry, Moe, and Curly.

That said, the interpretation(s) you mention are entirely compatible/resonant; i blame drugs.

In the Stooges doc, Iggy tells about Ron calling up one of The Three Stooges to ask permission to use the name.

Iggy on Ron:

“It was inevitable that anything creative that Ron did in his life was gonna come back to the Stooges, because he’d already spent probably seventeen thousand man hours watching The Three Stooges’ films when he was supposed to be doing something else since he was twelve.”

https://www.trend-chaser.com/entertainment/nyuk-nyuk-nyuk-hardcore-fans-of-the-three-stooges-need-to-know-these-facts/37/

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Thanks for your usual informative & rapid reply ignant.

Yes, that was what I knew about it as well (concerning Larry, Moe & Curly being The Three Gunas – I mean, Stooges)

i blame drugs
    Yes! So do i … a likely story !?

Back to topic, or dom needing to explain himself. (Alas for all the lessons in logic & clear thinking?)

N-Jooy

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.