Home Forums Administration LAShTAL.COM Announcements Planned Upgrade: September 2017

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

lashtal
    Keymaster

Regular visitors to LAShTAL.COM will be aware that the huge increase in visitor hits has resulted in poor performance of the site, including some complete failures of the software. This should be fixed tomorrow (Sunday 3 September) but will require an extensive outage during the day while the back-end is updated.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks to @eol for all his hard work!

Michael Staley
    Participant

I hope all goes well, Paul, and delivers the expected fruits.

lashtal
    Keymaster

Test.

eol
    Keymaster

I think that everything should be working fine. I have yet to bring back Thelemic Time Server and fix a few minor things but services related to lashtal.com should be up and running.

If you notice anything odd please do report.

Michael Staley
    Participant

The site loads more quickly, so many thanks.

Forums. I notice that when I click on the latest post in a thread, whereas formerly I was taken directly to the post, now I don’t. e.g. clicking on arthuremerson’s post, I get taken to page 18 of the thread, whereas the post is on page 19.

Still getting the capital letters of our name as user icon in threads, rather than the particular user icon that some of had, and which used to be displayed in forum threads until a couple of weeks or so ago. Are those days definitely gone?

Michael Staley
    Participant

Further to my post above, I note that when clicking on other posts I am taken to the correct point in the thread. It is only the recent post from arthuremerson which has that effect. Perhaps it’s to do with Arthur’s post being the first post on p.19 of the thread.

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

Definitely much faster!

Great work, eol!

Thanks

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Yes, a V. good improvement — thanks for all the effort in the work here

93s, jamie

christibrany
    Participant

Thank you all for your hard work on the site, Eol, Paul et al. I do think I notice a faster load time too.
    93s

Tiger
    Participant

Thanks Paul and eol for the site and on keeping up with the increase .

lashtal
    Keymaster

Test – please ignore.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.