• This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Shiva 3 months ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Shiva
    Participant

Above the box where replies are typed, there is a row of “buttons” (B, I, etc). The DARK red background of each “button” is obscuring the black letters. It is unreadable (for me); it’s a good thing I have the B & I memorized. I cannot differentiate between the rest.

Now the “Submit” button at the bottom has white letters, and that is easily readable. Can the red (avove) be lightened, or the text tranmuted to to white? Am I the only poster who noted this deep red as it crept in only a a few days ago?

lashtal
    Keymaster

Hopefully a bit better now?

Michael Staley
    Participant

@shiva,

Am I the only poster who noted this deep red as it crept in only a a few days ago?

No, you’re not. I noticed it too, and being like you an old dodderer I found it very difficult to get used to. So thanks for raising the matter.

The “Submit” button is white text on an orange background, and in my opinion it would be better if the html buttons were white text, also, rather than black.

Shiva
    Participant

l: Hopefully a bit better now?

Yes, I can read them now. Thanks for a rapid response.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@lashtal

Hopefully a bit better now?

Yes, it is a bit better, but I think that white text – as with the “Submit” button – would be clearer.

Shiva
    Participant

ms: but I think that white text – as with the “Submit” button – would be clearer.

I agree … with a reversion to the darker red, to give maximum contrast and clarity.

Now then, may we discuss what color I should paint the interior of my bathroom? Oh, never min, I’ll look it up in 777 under Papyrus of Ani.

lashtal
    Keymaster

You’d think this would be easy, wouldn’t you?

Michael Staley
    Participant

@lashtal

You’d think this would be easy, wouldn’t you?

From my experience of making changes to ‘The Primal Grimoire’ and the ‘Starfire Publishing’ websites, no, Paul, I wouldn’t think any such thing!

I see you’ve restored the deeper red, and the white text is clearer as a result.

Shiva
    Participant

Well, yes, it would be easy, a matter of child’s play (most children know more about digital manipulation than I), IF you were dealing with the simple websites I maintain.

But, if you’re dealing with a (borderline rational) program like WordPress, you’ll not be wanting my directions or technical input.

christibrany
    Participant

The red buttons hurt my eyes and I am Jung to boot.

ignant666
    Participant

I think the red boxes are a case of fixing a thing that weren’t broke in the first place- they are hard to read and add nothing. Count me as anti-red box.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@christibrany

The red buttons hurt my eyes and I am Jung to boot.

I’m afreud, Chris, that you were never Jung.

ignant666
    Participant

Michael: these appear to be the ravings of an Adlered man. A poor thing but my own.

Shiva
    Participant

The depth of the psychoanalysis of the symbology and practical application(s) of Red Boxes is overwhelming.

Did you know that the most “powerful” color (in the Luescher Color Test is red-orange; that this color is commonly known as Chinese Red; that Chinese Feng Shui recommends this color on your front door, which should be facing south or you’ll get problems; that this color (orange-red) is the true color attributed to, and actually seen as the illumination of the base/root chakra?

No, of course you didn’t know these things (unless you’re a do-it-yourself-777-nut), but you always suspected it, didn’t you? This is a Chinese orange-red paper lamp.

https://cdn.clipart.email/32f3840e50292744fcc912e082ac7a36_chinese-lantern-clipart-1-singapore-pinterest_900-1200.jpegchinese lamp

I only usually use the b and i boxes, and since they’re the first two boxes, I have that part memorized. Finding img for the lamp pic was challenging.

Crowley claimed that he was the world’s greatest psychologist.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Shiva.

kidneyhawk
    Participant

Just logged-in to post and saw the “red boxes.”

I literally cannot see what these boxes say or why such a change has been made.

Doesn’t lessen my love for Lashtal or my enjoyment of posts from the “regulars” (Ignant, Shiva, Dom etc) but my eyes do hurt.

Just Kidneyhawk’s two cents.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.