Home Forums Thelema Magick Reductio ad absurdum as Emotional Plague

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@dom :

“[…] Reminds me of our pal Los 9=2.”
    — What, he’s been promoted from 8=3? …

There’s still no clarification on this. It can’t be a double typo, can it? So what is the explanation behind it, if this isn’t just some uninformative trollism and/or careless misinformation on your part?

Though it could almost be an example of reduction ad absurdum, in itself, couldn’t it? (could even be “reduced” further, to 10=1 …) But this couldn’t be your motive/-ation could it, seeing as how you’re normally quoting Los with unalloyed admiring approval & generally pumping him up?

“The truth”, please
    N Joy

ignant666
    Participant

Jamie: I think it possible the young lad is having his little joke in promoting/inflating his ex-High Holy Goo-Roo, the S.’. H.’. Phallus Of A Goat we all know and love.

I think we can count david as more than 90% recovered from Septic Thelema.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  ignant666.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Possibly, but david/ dom/ anon/ Williams has a past history” of being exceedingly mercurial & changing his viewpoint, sometimes 180 deg. at the drop of a hat!

Fair comment or would you care to refute or repudiate that further, david/ dom/ anon/ Williams? (And do you have a ‘real’ name or at least one you wish to be known by? So that we can then ignore it, I mean — jest joking!)

I said “jest joking”,
    N Joy

Shiva
    Participant

jb: … has a past history” of being exceedingly mercurial & changing his viewpoint, sometimes 180 deg. at the drop of a hat!

Say, I think Mr Crowley did the same annoying thing.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

So he did (on occasions) — just fancy that! Maybe david/ dom/ Williams/ anon must be his reincarnation…?

… NOT !
    N JOy

dom
    Participant

@jamiebarter

There’s still no clarification on this. It can’t be a double typo, can it? So what is the explanation behind it, if this isn’t just some uninformative trollism and/or careless misinformation on your part?

Might’ve been a reference to your joke? The one about Los 8=3 and by now……. he must be 9=2? By the way what became of Hessle or as Jim Eshelman called him, “Hassle”.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@dom :

Might’ve been a reference to your joke? The one about Los 8=3 and by now……. he must be 9=2?
    Might’ve been … but then again, “on the other hand”, might not’ve been — if you see what I mean?

By the way what became of Hessle or as Jim Eshelman called him, “Hassle”.
    Perhaps metaphorically speaking, he pre-emptively got on his hoss and rode outta town before he could be hissed at ‘n’ hustled away by the membership offa the forum? In a manner of speaking that is, of course. Or, looking at it again from a different perspective, perhaps he didn’t? Sort of thing. Not ever, not nohow.

Mercurially yours,
    N-Jyoo

ignant666
    Participant

Novices can gain valuable tips observing Jamie B’s current refusal to prefer one thing over another- “maybe yes, maybe no”. The grey-beards nod sagely,as is our wont.

Tiger
    Participant

Mercurially yours,
    being
    fleshed out

dom
    Participant

Re OP. Jealousy is a force. The Egyptians knew this and incorporated it into the IAO myth-formula. Set wants to do Osiris. I think it would be more accurate to say jealousy being barricaded and denied by the ego makes the force build up and explode like a Dutch dyke collapsing. Freud, who knew about the Cabala (which is an offspring of earlier Egyptian thought) and was deeply interested in Egyptian myths unearthed the Archimedean force of jealousy and incorporated it into his central Oedipal revelation. Every boy must face this force if he is to grow. Similarly this led him to create his penis-envy/jealousy theory for girls.

How is this relevant to Set and his jealousy and reductive materialism? Set in one sense wants power over the human soul and wants to squeeze it out of existence. What better way to do this via intellectual movements. Set can be seen as the god of jealousy’s destructiveness and as the god of reductive materialism.

More details here;

Sothic cycles. Seth-Satan-Demiurge the god of the materialistic world view.

Set is said to arrive here in 1,460 year cycles ;

The rebel Pharaoh Akhanaten (aimed to destroy the gods and replace them with worship of a physical Sun. Noone had ever formulated such a materialistic concept up until then) 1321 B.C

The cult-tool of (Gnosticism’s) Demiurge ie the enfleshment of the divine (Christ/Christianity) which was distinct to western civilization and paved the way for the western scientific revolution. I39 A.D.

Newton’s scientific material-reductionist mechanistic revolution 1599 A.D.

Now I a fourfold vision see And a fourfold vision is given to me Tis fourfold in my supreme delight And three fold in soft Beulahs night And twofold Always. May God us keep From Single vision & Newtons sleep” ~ Blake

The beginning of the outright squeezing away of occult thought and outlook.

1321 + 1599 = 2,920 A.D.

I wouldn’t be surprised if 2,920 A.D. sees some sort of attempt by advanced A.I. systems trying to enslave human existence on earth much like the sci-fi series of Terminator movies.

Anyway just an interesting pattern-finding exercise there. I am not saying it’s all real and you must take heed or anything.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  dom.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.