Some clarification on Edward Crowley's profession.  

RSS

babaroga
(@babaroga)
06/02/2019 6:22 am  

Hi guys,
First time poster.

I am currently writing a script for a podcast and have run in to a disputed fact, that of Edward senior's profession.
Some sources I have read claim he was a civil engineer whilst others claim he was a brewer.

I'd like to have my research as accurate as possible before broadcasting it, I believe in quality over quantity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
BR

Shiva
(@shiva)
Famed Member
06/02/2019 4:24 pm  

He was definitely a brewer. Somewhere around here is a picture of a delivery wagon, nicely painted with "Crowley's Ale" in fancy letters on the side. Aleister's huge inheritance came from the Brewing business. You can take that profession to the bank.

Whether on not daddy was also an engineer, I have no data nor bytes in my memory.

ReplyQuote
Tiger
(@tiger)
Noble Member
06/02/2019 5:42 pm  

i seem to recall reading that the family owned taverns that were set up at railroad stations where workers could get a lunch and a beer .
later i believe they expanded and actually owned some railroads .

ReplyQuote
babaroga
(@babaroga)
07/02/2019 7:28 am  

Thanks a bunch guys,
I have read 4 books on Crowley for this podcast and 3 of the 4 claim he was a brewer, however one claims he was an engineer who created some type of hand pump used in the brewing process.
Once again, thanks.

ReplyQuote
Horemakhet
(@horemakhet)
Honorable Member
07/02/2019 10:02 am  

His profession was definitely that of a civil engineer working on railroads, but his wealth came from his investment in his two brother's brewing & tavern business. He sold his shares after they both died and retired comfortably to a life of preaching until his death.

ReplyQuote
Share: