Home Forums Community Stuff Temple Ov Psychick Youth an abusive cult?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Shiva
    Participant

J: Have I by any chance missed anything out?!

“I love the Law of Opposites.” – Mr White

It’s not so important that anyone displays devotion to opposing concepts, but rather that they prefer neither and get on with the really important stuff.

dom
    Participant

@jamiebarter

I will however take this opportunity to echo ignant666’s request to you from previously, which I see you have still not answered: what do YOU believe to be the aims and values of TOPY (original ones — not directly cribbed from Crowley, Spare or Burroughs) and what is your experience of the same?

TOPY wasn’t a ‘black lodge’ as such but the guy at the helm has (it’s looking like) been a devious control-freak and a peddler of magick-by-numbers probably under the auspices of being a man of the people. Hey, falsely pretending to be a ‘man of the people’ but with an opposite agenda like his idol Marxist preacher Jim Jones perhaps? Ughh!!!

The thought of this guy “orchestrating orgies” with, presumably, younger gullible subordinate cult members is pretty fucking repulsive isn’t it? If those are the facts that is. The murder attempt and wifebeating allegations? There’s no photo evidence as such so there’s no case. Ignant’s case is that , well look at his repugnant art and his preoccupations? I think the ball may get rolling on the exposure of GPO’s nasty control-freakery. Maybe it won’t. No one mentioned the control-freakery accusations that Paula P.Orridge made or GPO’s estranged daughter. Ok lots of spurned lovers have gripes so mayube there’s nothing in that. We don’t know yet.

I agree with Ignant that there is an edginess ego-badge there and furthermore imo if R.A.Wilson really researched this guy he would not have associated with him in interviews and the like. Yep his ‘art’ is repugnant and yep he seems to think that Nazism (and Nazis) are/ is cool whilst claiming that he is against it. Clearly he gets off on juvenile twisted shit like serial killers. Did you know he acquired a chair on which a woman was once raped by her dentist? It all smacks of someone who was bullied at school but never really resolved those crises….yeah it’s tragic…. kind of.

What the proverbial have ‘friendships’ got to do with being conducive to Thelema/ the following out of the course of one’s true will? Membership of magical orders should not in any sense be regarded in the same way as that of social clubs — something which the (c)OTO would also do well to bear in mind.

I think TOPY was an outer -order set-up that helped folk enter the path of TAV. Why try to thwart that? If you’re an asshole and a sorcerous control-freak then yeah you will, no matter what you ‘teach’, thwart the true occult development of others. That is a ‘black lodge’ proponent’s hallmark surely?

Lets just take a quick look at your track record in this thread alone so far dom, setting new milestones (millstones?) for your protean/ mercurial behaviour:
    1) Black Lodge — heard of it versus never heard of it, thinks it Lovecraftian
    2) Genesis PO was formerly in other posts a good guy/ magician/ musician — versus now he is not
    3) Harvey Weinstein is “name-checked” in this post versus no he is not

You won’t find any post by me praising the (ahem) ‘music’ of Gristle. Why? Because I couldn’t tell you how any of their tracks go. The Eagles, yes. Supertramp, yes. Gristle, no.

The#MeToo movement I equate with the Weinstein phenomenon. It is namechecked in the article like I said but you missed that somehow.

Yeah I analysed the OP article more thoroughly as the thread went on and slowly changed any defence I may have displayed for GPO. However I was defending TOPY as a once viable outer- order set-up and a useful resource network.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  dom.

dom
    Participant

Check out some of his ‘magick lectures on youtube. Within them you will find that Orridge even now is still, yes, still going on and on about how he was bullied in school!! It’s the central theme of his entire world-view and always was. Clearly it’s fucked him over in a major way;

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/mindandbody/how-bullying-may-shape-adolescent-brains/ar-AAIoDne?ocid=spartanntp

Shiva
    Participant

Dom … a nice report on TOPY.

d: Check out some of his ‘magick lectures …

I clicked your first link. I just wanted a quick glimps. The pic that popped up shows “reptile eyes.” Never seen it clearer. What a title for a song!

dom
    Participant

I clicked your first link. I just wanted a quick glimps. The pic that popped up shows “reptile eyes.” Never seen it clearer. What a title for a song!

Jim Morrison may’ve gotten there first lol.

Whilst we’re on the subject of apparent gurus, Shiva what do you make of Deepak Chopra?

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@dom :

Did you know he acquired a chair on which a woman was once raped by her dentist?
    Really?  it gives a whole new angle to the phrase “open wide, please” doesn’t it? (Sorry, to those of a sensitive, easily offended PC disposition)

You won’t find any post by me praising the (ahem) ‘music’ of Gristle. Why? Because I couldn’t tell you how any of their tracks go. The Eagles, yes. Supertramp, yes. Gristle, no.
    But how come you claim you “literally could accurately describe any track by them” then.  It doesn’t follow.

The#MeToo movement I equate with the Weinstein phenomenon. It is namechecked in the article like I said but you missed that somehow.
    No I didn’t; I was paying close attention. Never mind “equating”; to be exact: #MeToo is mentioned (specifically “name-checked”), but Weinstein isn’t.

The thought of this guy “orchestrating orgies” with, presumably, younger gullible subordinate cult members is pretty fucking repulsive isn’t it?
    Clearly he gets off on juvenile twisted shit like serial killers.
    If you’re an asshole and a sorcerous control-freak then yeah you will
    Clearly it’s fucked him over in a major way

How you have “advanced” from a few months back when your posts were models of expletives deleted, restrained f***s and coy sh1ts.  Having finally noticed there’s a relative tolerance shown by Paul to a limited degree of judicious swearing on Lashtal you have transformed into a veritable Mr Potty Mouth who’s now unrestrained & indulges in the sudden freedom to let rip on every occasion — I don’t know about anyone else, but it reminds me a bit of this in fact:

@shiva :

Dom … a nice report on TOPY.
    Hang on, wasn’t it ignant’s “nice report” though? (as in posted by him rather than dom who hadn’t even read it let alone agreed with it to begin with ?)

I clicked your first link. I just wanted a quick glimps. The pic that popped up shows “reptile eyes.” 
    But I only got popped “How bullying may shape adolescent brains” (?)

NJoy

dom
    Participant

@jamiebarter

But how come you claim you “literally could accurately describe any track by them” then. It doesn’t follow.

Did I? Must’ve been a typo.

models of expletives deleted,

I tort I tort a potty mouth.

So Jamie, OT much or preoccupation with the cult of david/dom? Enough of me, how about you? What about the OT? What are your opinions?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  dom.

Shiva
    Participant

d: what do you make of Deepak Chopra?

I have had the opportunity to sit through two, one-hour lectures by Dr Deepak. They were spaced a year or two apart and were sponsored by the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine Annual Symposium. I was the Acaemic Dean. Chopra was the featured guest speaker. He got $10,000 for each lecture. I don’t know, but I think, his travel and hotel were extra.

This man is an absolute master at spinning a long, multi-faceted tale, hitting here and there in the spectrum of consciousness, and then tying it all together into a coherent summary and final conclusion. The audience is held spell-bound, including me because I go with it because this guy is right on.

There does not seem to be any “channeling” involved, so I’m not nominating him for 8=3, but his mind is as sharp as any 7=4, and he is a leader of a school of thought.”

He pased on one quick trick, which I will re-pass: We all know that Liberation is dependent upon the stopping of the mind. If we don’t know that, we haven’t reached the proper mental appreciation of what the Path is all about … in the end. So how do we stop the mind? We don’t.

Deepak says: We go through the gaps in our thoughts. Although the mind spews out an endless series of thoughts, one after another, there is a short gap between each thought. We must identify these gaps and then jump through one of them.

This is a very practical technique, if one can get their mind wrapped around it and then aligned with it. Try it, you’ll like it.

Jack Schwarz shared a similar practice: The Train of Thought. One identifies one’s thoughts with a train rumbling by. We can see flickers of light through the gaps between the cars, but our task is to wait (receptively) because we know it will end as the caboose (eventually) rolls by. Right then is one’s “cubit centimeter of chance” (as Don Juan put it), to grasp the Clear Light.

Deepak always does the obligatory reference to his guru, the late Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, know to us barbarians as the founder of T.M. and as the chosen guru of The Beatles.

Deepak is a Medical Doctor backed up (or enhanced) by Hindu Ayurvedic medicine (which is the mother of Chinese Medicine). The bottom line is, I would trust him as my physician, respect him as an Adept, consult him or his works for rare viewpoints, but not enroll under him as my guru. If I were a young adult, I would probably try to enroll as a Chela, because this guy packs a real punch, but (like Jack Schwarz) i believe he is well-insulated and isolated from common aspirants through a network of healers.

christibrany
    Participant

@shiva

I think you can ‘force’ gaps for yourself and quiet the mind actively though. Like starting in Dharana then shifting to nothingness. But his technique sounds more natural. Very interesting.

Temple ov psychic youth sounds baaaaad.

I like some of C93 and Coil’s music though. I can definitely see where the ego-driven charge comes from though. A bit of pretention. Or art for ego’s sake. But that is always the question I have. What is the point of creating art if you truly don’t want anyone to experience it? Even if you say (like Lovecraft for example) that you are only doing it for yourself, of course a part of you wants to get feedback and share it/get recognition. I largely stopped composing music because I don’t feel the need for the feedback anymore. I like hitting drums though.

dom
    Participant

@shiva

There does not seem to be any “channeling” involved, so I’m not nominating him for 8=3, but his mind is as sharp as any 7=4, and he is a leader of a school of thought.”

I hear that the Maharishi who I would not have trusted said that Deepak is a ‘Lord of Immortality’ presumably a metaphor for 7=9 or 8=3 maybe?

Shiva
    Participant

d: I hear that the Maharishi who I would not have trusted said that Deepak is a ‘Lord of Immortality’ presumably a metaphor for 7=9 or 8=3 maybe?

Here’s where the dichotomy comes in. Back in the 60s, we used to think the Maharishi was one of the clowns. In the 80s, it turned out he had a raging temper, especially when connected to a desperate need for money. Then Deep comes along, putting out a really good vibe, and he’s praising Maharishi as a Saint (Guru Yoga).

One might note that A.C. pulled the same tantrums over money with Agape Lodge. “Send Money!” often appeared in his letters, alongside demeaning insults and profane vulgarities. See Starr’s The Unknown God: W.T. Smith and the Thelemites.

But I never met Smith. Nor A.C., nor Maharishi. I just sat with Deep for a couple hours, and he’s a deep dude, which was the question.

As to this thread’s TOPY Topic, I’m waiting for comments (agreements or denials or accusations of insanity) about the “reptile eyes.”

dom
    Participant

7=9? Sorry about that numerical dyslexic moment there haha.

Reptile eyes? Are you talking about the bullying article link? I never saw any.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  dom.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Yeah, I didn’t get no snake eyes popped either, begorrah. Is you seeing things? Where they from? What you talkin bout?

Maharishi was one of the clowns

Just to be clear, this is “Sexy Sadie”, right?

Offtopickally yours,
    N-Joy

christibrany
    Participant

Do you mean the kid in the photo in the article about bullying, has snake eyes?

Shiva
    Participant

C: Do you mean …?

I meant this:

reptile eyes

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.