Home Forums Thanatos Austin Osman Spare The cutting process of God’s testicles

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Karlir_Johanarnt
    Participant

:=)

Michael Staley
    Participant

yeah! Spare was a strange guy. For instance letter 15, in the fifth column, he described as ‘I in unity’ in the little dictionary in Zos Speaks!, in reality I think it denotes the two suns (the sun of the day and the sun of the underworld) orbit in relation to each other, in the equinox. Similar to letter 35 in the same column (west- and east horizon in instead of north and south poles though)

So you consider Spare “a strange guy” because you don’t agree with the meanings that he attached to the letters of the Sacred Alphabet? The letters of which, as he makes plain in ‘The Book of Pleasure’, are attempts to capture his sensations graphically? Given their origin, I think most would consider that Spare’s opinions on the matter count a little bit more than yours.

Having been interested in Spare for a bit more than twenty years now, and having immersed myself in his artwork, I can’t say he’s ever struck me as “a strange guy”. Deep, yes; profound, yes; at times difficult to understand, yes; nut never strange. On the other hand, your obsession with God’s testicles – whether whole or sliced – might be thought by some to merit such a description.

Karlir_Johanarnt
    Participant

Well I think it’s strange to explain the meanings of some of the letters in metaphors, and not the meanings in the context he used them. If you for instance take the letters 15 and 35, their position in the column, and then compare it to the figure under the Math (or myth) word in the fourth column, which refers to the stealing the fire from heaven illustration in the Book of pleasure (a guy standing on the western horizon catching the sun), then it clearly describes the sun’s travel in the sky.

But I’m not sure how the Egyptian differed between the solistices and Equinoxes for instance, and how Spare incorporated them. But solistices would proabably mark the period between the equinoxes anyway.

Karlir_Johanarnt
    Participant

I think Spare uses it as the turning point: https://karlirjohanarnt.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/the-crosswords-of-zos/ (refers to Ra sail to roots end, system turn). In Norway there’s a saying, from ancient days: “the sun turns” when the days length begin to increase for instance. They had some accurate sun clocks in Egypt and had accurate observations (The Book of gates), and actually observed that the days grew shorter/longer. I know the battle between Horus and Set (the dog star) marked the seasons, but I’m not sure how they explained the difference of the sun’s daily pacing in their myths

Karlir_Johanarnt
    Participant

Correction: It seems like it’s the opposite way around. The equinoxes are at the center of the analemma, while the solstices are at each end, so letter number 34 symbolizes an equinox.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Correction: It seems like it’s the opposite way around.

Ah, thanks for informing Karlir – that makes all the difference! So much more clearer, now.

But solistices would proabably mark the period between the equinoxes anyway.

And I daresay equinoxes would proabably mark the period between the solstices, also?

N Joy

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

There’s been no mention of testicles (the thread’s title) recently – what’s the matter, have you dropped them? (Boom, tish!)

Hangin’,
    N Joy

Karlir_Johanarnt
    Participant

– Not at all mr Barter. My point is that the equinoxes and solstices are probably the best reference points when it’s time to tie them together. Crux (or the southern cross, is also important due to it’s historical importance related to the rebirth from the death posture (winter solstice), the birth of Christ, the Bethlehem star and the three kings (the 3 small balls in ‘show pi’). The numbers 23, the tilt of the earth, and 90 also occurs among the sacred letters. In this video they use references as for instance the tropic of cancer and the tropic of capricorn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To-oFiyd6Dc

Karlir_Johanarnt
    Participant

Here’s possibly an important clue which I’ve identified in Zos Speaks! which I think can be connected to the process of the cutting of the rows (or columns): “Measurement of space: lie on your back, close your eyes and revizualize any past event; then open your eyes suddenly and you will observe that the ceiling is an appreciable distance away. Hence the nebula of Orion both rests on your shoulders and is equally millions of miles away (page 271, Zos speaks!”

Fact from wikipedia: Nebula of Orion is estimated to be 24 light years across.

The word cut, in the formula on page 108, has three dots besides it.

Each column has 73 letters.

Karlir_Johanarnt
    Participant

… or it could be interpreted in connection to the seasons. The great sleep.

“In your name of Inhabitant of Orion, a season in heaven and a season on earth”
    (Pyramid Texts 187).
    “Oh king, you’re the great star, the companion of Orion, who runs through the sky with Orion, you navigate the Duat [underworld] with Osiris, thou ascend from the eastern sky being renewed in your due time and rejuvenated your due time. The heaven has been with Orion”
    (Pyramid Texts 882-3).

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.