Home Forums Aleister Crowley People The man behind Amado Crowley

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 430 total)
  • Author

ignant666
    Participant

Barbara: I think you have actually had a rather nicer reception here than you really have any right to expect.

You are attempting Christian evangelism at a site dedicated to the legacy of one of the most notorious haters of Christianity of the 20th century, a man widely considered to be a Satanist. The old folks have been quite polite, the younger ones, less so, i admit. Shiva in particular has bent over backwards trying to show you that we are all on the same path, despite your insistence that your path is the only real one, and that all the rest of us are going to burn on hell forever.

During your time with Mike/”Amado”, you seem to have learned very little about the work and ideas of his “father”, AC, or you would not be surprised that this is not fertile ground for Christian evangelism, proselytizing, or apologetics.

You might be interested to read Crowley’s longest essay on Christianity, The Gospel According To St Bernard Shaw, aka Crowley On Christ:

https://invisiblehouse.org/pdf/liber888.pdf

Barbara Green
    Participant

@dom: A friend of mine was once witnessing to a woman who told him, “Oh, I don’t believe in God.” He responded, “That’s okay, I didn’t believe until I believed.” I was the same way. Right up until the moment that I believed in God, I was an evolutionist, an avowed atheist, a whore, and a persecutor of the church, among other things. I understand that you are mocking me now, and that’s okay. I did same thing before I believed, to an extreme extent. Still, I will try to answer your questions truthfully and with grace.

I believe the Bible account of the creation. Adam and Eve were the first people that God created. I am not an evolutionist anymore. Once I believed the Bible, I believed all of it, hook, line, and sinker.

I said you sounded like Trump because he’s always calling the truth “fake news” and you called sin “fake sin.” I do believe he’s a certified narcissist and shouldn’t be president. But that’s just my opinion, it’s not in the Bible.

Jesus said, “Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.” I will let the Bible speak for itself here.

This is what the Bible says about homosexuality: “And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” Romans 1:27. As to whether or not they are going to hell, that is between them and God.

Barbara

Tiger
    Participant

who were the Adam and Eve in The Bible?

Adam was gods failed experiment.
    Eve was a more beauteous form made out of Adam.
    She gave him the fruit and freed him from god.

After millenniums of tantrums,
    god changed his mind,
    and decided to send his son to reverse the curse.

His son failed.
    The worldling pretty much stayed the same.

Blamers blame Eve for corrupting Adam;
    others see her as the Alluring Bearer of Wisdom.

Some call her Sophia.

elitemachinery
    Participant

Sun not Son
    Its a metaphor, a fairy tale told to explain in simple terms
    Heaven is Hell
    Where else does this fire exist that burns eternal and can kill you?
    Yet it gives us life also
    Heaven/Hell God/Satan Sun/Son
    Same same

dom
    Participant

@barbaragreen

That’s interesting you totally ignored Ignant666’s reasoned response to you.

But you’re not now?

, an avowed atheist,

””””””””

a whore

Now I assume by “whore” you mean you…y’know had , um, relations with boyfriends outside of marriage? I mean you weren’t actually a “working girl” as such?

I believe the Bible account of the creation. Adam and Eve were the first people that God created. I am not an evolutionist anymore. Once I believed the Bible, I believed all of it, hook, line, and sinker.

What race were these two ancestors of ours?

Jesus said, “Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.” I will let the Bible speak for itself here.

How would I know which women are single or married though? They don’t all wear wedding rings. Shouldn’t it therefore have been “if a guy knows a woman is married (*wedding ring on or not) and he lusts after her he has as good as committed adultery”?

This is what the Bible says about homosexuality: “And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” Romans 1:27

Y’know I’m not gay but if I was the espousal of that sort of philosophy wouldn’t make me feel too comfortable.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  dom.

Barbara Green
    Participant

@ignant: You are right that my reception has been more gracious than expected. Shiva in particular has been very kind, and I appreciate her attempts to teach me. However, as far as us all being on the same path, how can that be possible, if Crowley hated everything that I am.

I totally realize what I am doing and think it is worth the challenges it presents. “I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some” 1 Corinthians 9:22. I know I might look like an idiot to you all, but to me it is the saving of a soul.

I also realize that we are way off topic, so if the moderator says I should leave, I will bow out gracefully. It has been enjoyable to get to know you all.

dom
    Participant

@barbaragreen

Maybe reread ignant666’s last post

I believe the Bible account of the creation. Adam and Eve were the first people that God create

What race were these two ancestors of us all?

But women don’t all wear wedding rings. Shouldn’t he have said something like, “All ye men who know a woman is married but ye still get excited about her, ye have sinned thereby”? ”

I was a whore

I’m going to assume you don’t mean you were actually, um, a “working girl” as such?

This is what the Bible says about homosexuality:

“And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” Romans 1:27.

I think if I was gay the espousal of such a philosophy that wouldn’t make me feel too comfortable.

dom
    Participant

@barbaragreen
    Maybe reread ignant666’s last post

I believe the Bible account of the creation. Adam and Eve were the first people that God create

But women don’t all wear wedding rings. Shouldn’t he have said something like, “All ye men who know a woman is married but ye still get excited about her, ye have sinned thereby”? ”

I was a whore

I’m going to assume you don’t mean you were actually, um, a “working girl” as such?

“And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” Romans 1:27.

I think if I was gay the espousal of such a philosophy that wouldn’t make me feel too comfortable.

dom
    Participant

@barbaragreen

But women don’t all wear wedding rings. Shouldn’t he have said something like, “All ye men who know a woman is married but ye still get excited about her, ye have sinned thereby”? “

I was a whore

“And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” Romans 1:27

Tiger
    Participant

“His son failed.
    The worldling pretty much stayed the same.”

some argue that the teachings threw the world into the Dark Ages .

The Celebration of Life, The mysteries of Fervor in all its variety expressions were restricted.
    Suffering was glorified and the dead were promised a deification .

——————

thanks for the pdf, ignant.
    and yes Shiva has a majestic balance
    must be his Tai Chi

Barbara just see it as a welcoming.

Barbara Green
    Participant

@elitemachinery: Thank you for the video. The music was nice, and I learned something.

ignant666
    Participant

Shiva is of the male gender-way. Shiva is named after a Hindu god, often depicted copulating with Kali/Parvati, his wife, or else dancing. When he opens his third eye, the universe is annihilated.

You are clearly a sincere seeker after God, and have found Her through Jesus. All who seek God/Light/Illumination are all on the same path, following different signs.

As to “Crowley hat[ing] everything that [you are]”:

1) Crowley hated not “Christ” but Christianity, a distinction you have yourself already acknowledged. He also hated many Christians, often for being false to their own doctrines (which he, having been raised on a diet of Bible-memorization, knew better than most);

2) Few, if any, of us here accept AC as some sort of infallible authority.

Barbara Green
    Participant

@dom: You are correct in your assumption. I never took money for it.

Shiva
    Participant

Ig: … your path is the only real one

Where have I heard that before? Oh, shucks, (c)OTO is singing this song, and certain guys with turbans make this point very excessively.

and that all the rest of us are going to burn on hell forever.

Well, we are … but not forever. This hell actually exists. It is an internal realm occupying the astral/lower-mental planes (Yesod-Hod-Netzach). The Transhimalayan folks translate it from The Old Commentary as “The Burning Ground.” So anyone who has seen The Vision of Adonai (Malkuth), and has moved on to the second initiation (we call it Zelator 2=9), knows very well what this is about.

But it doesn’t last forever. It onl seems like it’s going to.

Now I don’t know how many people have passed through Paroketh (worldwide, in Thelema, in Christianity, or here on LAShTAL), but there’s bound to be a few around here. Basically, anyone who is self-reliant with some means of consciously working with the “higher Self,” or the “Angel,” or their “Abstract mind,” would qualify for this third initiation (covering 5=6, 6=5, and 7=4). By this time, the dreadful “Burning Ground” has been traversed. Did the hot coals blister your bare feet?

bg: I believe the Bible account of the creation. Adam and Eve were the first people that God created.

Yes they were (true). As an archetypal pattern embedded in everyone’s akashic memory bank, subject to variations in set, setting, and names. This is symbolic of our higher consciousness in Eden (samadhi) being thrust into a mental/physical realm, with a corresponding loss of gnosis.

Once I believed the Bible, I believed all of it, hook, line, and sinker.

Padon me, but this sounds like the confession of a gullible person. Maybe even delusionary or obsessive.

I do believe he’s a certified narcissist and shouldn’t be president.

I warned you once about getting political around here. This is your second notice. Nobody gives a shit about your personal, non-Biblical opinions on world affairs. Please take it away to some political site.

As to the rst of Barbara’s post, it is so anti-Crowley’s-Opinion that I am overburdened with defeat. As a closer, allow me to post the grades of the Transhimalayan White Brotherhood (Theosophy/Arcane school/Other Pretender Tongs), giving their full titles (so you can see I’m not [the?] anti-Christ, but I am opposed to organized religions):

1st initiation: (Malkuth) The Birth of the Christ in the Cave of the Heart.

2nd initiation: (Yesod, Hod, Netzach) The Baptism in the River Jordan.

3rd initiation (Tiphereth, Geburah, Chesed): The Transfiguration.
    see: The sermon on the Mount.

4th Initiation (Binah) The Crucifixion.
    Note: The entry point is what we call the Abyss. The actual crucifixion is where the initiate climbs down from the fixed cross of the Inner Order, and walks over to the cardinal cross of the Supernal order and affixes one’s self thereupon. (The out Order is the mutable cross.

5th initiation (Chokmah) The ascension.

Get it? The Jesus Myth is based on an initiate (emmanuel) who openly walked the Spiritual Path for everyone to see. The prophet Jesus (Jeheshua = “Savior”) was overshadowed by The Christ at the 3rd initiation. He was abandoned for the 4th (“The Angel leads him to the edge of the Abyss and there abandons him”). And reappeared, fused with Emmanuel/Jesus in the physical body. But like the resurrected Osiris, whose myth precedes the Christian Myth, but is the same thing, he cannot remain long in this state. Both (Jesus & Osiris) say their good-byes and move on to a scenario where they pronounce Judgment upon Dead People.

That should sum it all up for the correlationist. The book says, “Do what tou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.” What else do you want?

T: Blamers blame Eve for corrupting Adam; others see her as the Alluring Bearer of Wisdom.

No, no. It was the serpent. He did it. Your own kundalini is to blame (and worship).

ignant666
    Participant

Barbara: As to believing the Bible “hook line and sinker”:

1) Do you eat shellfish or other seafood that is not fish (forbidden by Leviticus 11:10), or pork (forbidden by Leviticus 11:7), or wear blended fabrics (forbidden by Leviticus 19:19)?

Oh, new dispensation?

But the Bible is historically accurate, right?

2) Do you actually believe YHVH stopped the sun in the middle of the sky for “about a whole day” so the Jews could slay more Amorites? (Joshua 10:13)

Why didn’t everyone go flying into space, the logical consequence of “stopping” a spinning globe? (ie, holding it in the same position in relation to the sun (which would require that the earth continue to orbit the sun while ceasing to rotate)

Why are there no geologic signs of this event? (which would have greatly exceeded in magnitude all the geologic events of which there are abundant signs, going back many millennia before (according to the Bible) the earth was created in about 6600 BC)

3) How is it that Jesus was able to lay in his tomb for three days and three nights, between Friday night and Sunday morning (Matthew 12:40)?

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.