Home Forums Aleister Crowley People The man behind Amado Crowley

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 430 total)
  • Author

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@ dom :

Preach Barter. Preach!!
    Why thank you kindly, dom. I was actually attempting to channel Father Barre, the Inquisition Witchfinder General priest ‘questioning’ the nun who was Vanessa Redgrave’s character and so excellently portrayed by the two of them in Ken Russell’s superb film of The Devils there — could you tell?

ssst! say now isn’t this normally where someone comes on and suggests we get back to the topic? Before we were so— well not exactly rudely interrupted by an attempt at mass conversion… Any more on the (just like “dad”) infamous Mike/ Amado?
    N Joy

dom
    Participant

@jbarter

Why thank you kindly, dom. I was actually attempting to channel Father Barre, the Witchfinder General priest so excellently portrayed in Ken Russell’s production of The Devils there, could you tell?

The 17th century French priest with the psychedelic sun-glasses? No, missed that reference there.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  dom.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Wasn’t he the King of France who liked shooting at dressed-up people in his garden? Can’t say for sure as it’s a few years since I saw it last. No, Father Barre’s performance has to be seen to be believed. Reminded me in some strange ways of the current Patriarch of the E.G.C., too (=Bill Breeze). Has it been put on Favourite Films yet? If not, it should be.

(loudly) Tiger, you fed them Lions yet?

(there’s not a sentence I thought I’d have been typing tonite…)
    N Joy

Shiva
    Participant

d: Out of space perhaps?

Now you’re on the right track. Collect $200. Do not go to Jail or take any “stuff” from your detractors.

Barbara Green
    Participant

To Jamie, Dom, and Tiger, I was once just like you – making fun of Christians. The last thing I wanted to be in the world was a Christian. And it was the last thing, too. For me it was either death or God, I had messed up my life so badly. Beware: I was once just like you; someday you might be just like me.

Blessings to you, my friends,

Barbara

Tiger
    Participant

Christians to the Lions ?

My cubs would not be tainted
    by tasting such disgusting blood.

you see;
    Christians tend to get on guard when they see horns;
    and run away.

Much better
    to praise their love and devotion

before ravishing them
    away to the feast.

Its a pretty exclusive party.
    You have to find the ones that are ready.

Save the soul
    trapped in the Osirian Spell Being.

immaculate and ready
    for the Aeon of Horus;

let them turn on their chains.

Vultures seem to survive doing dirty work .

Love Ida,
    Children in Magdalene Laundries,
    Witch Ladies, Science and the rest.

@barbara
    so you did not want to be resurrected
    and this god did not want you
    and sent you back
    so you could tell others
    how to get it

right

Shiva
    Participant

T: … tend to get on guard when they see horns;

You have LION CUBS with horns?

the Osirian Spell

Let’s remember, the Aeon of Osiris was named after Osiris. But his bro, Set, killed Osiris ’cause he wanted the throne (the seat in the East). So, with Set ruling the fish age, that changes the perspective … and perhaps brings understanding to those who speculate or pontificate upon such things.

and sent you back …

Bodhisattvaism … and old practice. Predates 0 to 33 A.D. (e.v.). All numbers are circa.

Barbara Green
    Participant

Tiger,

I’ll see you in the colosseum. You with your bloodthirsty heart, drooling at the spectacle. And I, I will have victory in death that you will never know.

“The last enemy to be destroyed is death…Death is swallowed up in victory.” 1 Corinthians 15: 26, 54

Barbara

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

Christianity is fundamentally about the death and resurrection of Jesus. This was to satisfy an all-powerful God who cannot abide sin. But thanks to sinful human nature caused by Adam and Eve (see the first few books of Genesis to find out how this happened), people are incapable of living perfect lives, requiring God to come down in human form to die as a blood sacrifice for human redemption. Christianity teaches that you can never be perfect (or even good enough since God’s standard is perfection), and that your only hope is to believe in Jesus, or else be guilty of disobeying God.

In his new comment to his The Book of the law, AC states that according to “The Doctrine […] evidently of supreme importance, from its position as the first ‘revelation’ of Aiwass.”, ” Everything in itself is perfect, but when things are muddled, they become ‘evil’.”

AC does also state that “Our minds and bodies are veils of the Light within.”, a light which is made opaque or occult or obscure by the complexity of the folds of the said veils, veiling that we are all “originally perfect”, but that we can clarify this muddle through “The Great Work”. (“The Great Work” does according to AC “therefore consists principally in the solution of complexes.”)

Barabara Green, did not Amado Crowley teach you about “the first ‘revelation’ of Aiwass”, a doctrine according to which we are all “originally perfect”, a quality that is innate to us all?

My point is that this doctrine within The book of the law from AC/Aiwass, is so different in nature from Christianity, as to be incapable of coexisting with it. And my point is also that The book of the law from AC/Aiwass is presented as a text attacking and replacing preceding creeds.

Did not Amado Crowley teach you Barabara Green, and others close to him, that Aleister Crowley’s The Book of the Law is a text attacking and replacing preceding creeds?

Barbara Green
    Participant

Mike taught me nothing, as noted previously. He went to work, then came home and watched tv. No teaching took place, unless it was in his bedroom, and then only with the men. Mike was a misogynist, and he had the women around only to do the drudge work. We worked outside the commune to bring in money, then did the cooking, cleaning, etc. I finally left, having learned nothing but that Mike was a fraud and that it was a waste of time to trust a human being with my spiritual well-being. Only God can be trusted.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@wellreadwellbred

Did not Amado Crowley teach you Barabara Green, and others close to him, that Aleister Crowley’s The Book of the Law is a text attacking and replacing preceding creeds?

Amado appeared to know little of The Book of the Law and had even less interest so far as I could see. He referred to it as a hoax, and said that a text called ‘The Book of Destruction’ (I think that was the title) was the real thing.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@barbaragreen

. . . having learned nothing but that . . . it was a waste of time to trust a human being with my spiritual well-being.

I had a mentor once, Kenneth Grant, whom I knew from the mid 1970s until his death in 2011. Over the years he gave me a great deal of sound advice and a good few pointers; I learned a great deal, and owe him much. But it never occurred to me to “trust a human being with my spiritual well-being”, and I don’t think he expected me to. I have always taken responsibility for my “spiritual well-being”.

Barbara Green
    Participant

@michael: You got more information from Mike in the few encounters you had with him than I did in a year and a half of living with him. Mike did not like women. In fact, he so preferred men, that all the men on the commune were required to have sex with him. I remember one newby really struggling with that idea, and Mike was ready to kick him out. I don’t know the conclusion of the matter, as I left before a decision was made.

dom
    Participant

@barbara

We’re getting to you?

Interesting.

Shiva
    Participant

bg: he had the women around only to do the drudge work. We worked outside the commune to bring in money, then did the cooking, cleaning, etc.

Oh, I see now. It was a Tong.

Only God can be trusted.

Too bad he/she isn’t available for consultation. His/her agents (the prophets) were available. Too bad they didn’t agree on the proper name and protocols. This leaves us, the individual human units, with nobody to talk to … except was is known around here as the HGA or Solar Angel, who is a messenger from Atma/Allah; this does NOT include IHVH, because he was just a minor tribal deity who commanded rape and the slaughter of children. He also said, “I am a jealous god.” Since we all have this God as our source, it is natural to strive to become one, once again, with our primordial consciousness. Any “higher” or “further out,” is Nada, Nirvana. Says so in Genesis.

. . . it was a waste of time to trust a human being with my spiritual well-being.

Well, isn’t that the truth. A lot of Gurus will now slowly go out of business.

ms: I have always taken responsibility for my “spiritual well-being”.

Oho and Avast! Another self-reliant heretic reveals his true nature.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.