Home Forums Thelema Thelema “the more straightforward matter of” BOTL, constitutes what verse[-s] in it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

The title page of The Magical and Philosophical Comment, to The Book of the Law, contains the following statement: “In order that the ethical and philosophical comment should be “understanded of the common people”, without interruption, I have decided to transfer to an Appendix […] all considerations drawn from the numerical system of cipher which is interspersed with the more straightforward matter of this Book.”

The subject matter of this thread is the following: “the more straightforward matter of” The Book of the Law, associated with Aleister Crowley, constitutes what verse[-s] in it?

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

The verses quoted below, can qualify as parts of “the more straightforward matter of” The Book of the Law, as AC describes himself as the source for their content.

“Then the priest fell into a deep trance or swoon, & said unto the Queen of Heaven; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law (I:33)!”

“Ah! Ah! What do I feel? Is the word exhausted (II:69.)?”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.