Home Forums Community Submissions The Mysteries of Tai Ch

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Deep!

Down, down, deeper‘n’down…
    N Joy

christibrany
    Participant

Amazing how many English words some Chinese characters can multiply out into 😉

dao zhidao bu zhi dao

christibrany
    Participant

Maybe if one wanted one could correlate the numbers of the Iching hexagrams and their corresponding Chinese characters, and see what those numbers mean in Hebrew gematria and see if the meaning of the Chinese characters correlate at all with the Hebrew meanings of those numbers?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  christibrany.

Tiger
    Participant

Deep
    in dike volcano
    billowing powder clouds Rose;
    from
    The beast .
    And on Abiegnus
    SuMeru i swore i saw dancing
    a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy,
    and when I saw her,
    I wondered with great admiration.

Tiger
    Participant

“ Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the Lord had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

15 Get thee unto Pharaoh in the morning; lo, he goeth out unto the water; and thou shalt stand by the river’s brink against he come; and the rod which was turned to a serpent shalt thou take in thine hand.

17 Thus saith the Lord,
    In this thou shalt know that I am the Lord: behold,
    I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.

18 And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink;

21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

24 And all the Egyptians digged round about the river for water to drink; for they could not drink of the water of the river.

25 And seven days were fulfilled, after that the Lord had smitten the river.

8 And the Lord spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

2 And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs:

3 And the river shall bring forth frogs abundantly, which shall go up and come into thine house, and into thy bedchamber, and upon thy bed, and into the house of thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thine ovens, and into thy kneadingtroughs:

4 And the frogs shall come up both on thee, and upon thy people, and upon all thy servants.

6 And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.

7 And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt. “
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+7-11&version=KJV

“ “The sexual behaviors between a man and woman are identical to how the universe itself came into creation. Like Heaven and Earth, the male and female share a parallel relationship in attaining an immortal existence. They both must learn how to engage and develop their natural sexual instincts and behaviors; otherwise the only result is decay and traumatic discord of their physical lives. However, if they engage in the utmost joys of sensuality and apply the principles of yin and yang to their sexual activity, their health, vigor, and joy of love will bear them the fruits of longevity and immortality.”

“A female can completely restore her youthfulness and attain immortality if she refrains from allowing just one or two men in her life from stealing and destroying her [sexual] essence, which will only serve in aging her at a rapid rate and bring about an early death. However, if she can acquire the sexual essence of a thousand males through absorption, she will acquire the great benefits of youthfulness and immortality.” “
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_(Taoism)

Shiva Shakti Notaraja Kali

dom
    Participant

@shiva

What are people doing in these Tai Chi movements?

Shiva
    Participant

d: What are people doing in these Tai Chi movements?

They are making (solo) movements, which if applied to an attacker will make him hurt, or fall down, or die. The McDonalds of Tai Chi is the health-promoting exercise that gets the Chi moving and cures many chronic diseasees.

In the Tai Chi tournaments, this fluff is set aside in favor of actually hurting, throwing, or killing one’s opponent. It’s almost all throwing, and I’ve not heard of actual deaths or maiming.

Tai Chi is similar to Aikido in that the aim is self-defense without killing or maiming, but the tournaments get pretty rough. It’s mostly a matter of making the other guy fall down or be hurled outside the circle. Not once, but over and over for a set time. Then, judges award the winner (the guy who did the most throwing).

christibrany
    Participant

Shiva cat,
    I emailed your borg for the pdf but perhaps you didn’t see it, you dig? 🙂

Speaking of tai qi vs qi gong, do you think the outer forms are necessary or can one simply use inner alchemy/visualization/moving of the qi with the mind and breath for the same results?

Shiva
    Participant

cs: I emailed your borg for the pdf but perhaps you didn’t see it

I just checked the Borg’s memory and find that you were NOT on the BCC list associated with the pre-release. It gets so confusing sometimes. The “private” sending list is getting longer, and you should have been in there with the elected elect. Indeed, I saw no specific request from you. Do you really exist? I will send it (the doc). Please allow one to ten days. (Msg sent 11:34 AM).

Speaking of tai qi vs qi gong,

In the beginning, these seem to be two different arts/practices. After a (long) while, there is no difference.

do you think the outer forms are necessary or can one simply use inner alchemy/visualization/moving of the qi with the mind and breath for the same results?

As stated in the text, the infamous “no holds barred” tournament, held annually in Hong Kong, saw a practitioner of Internal Tai Chi beat all the tough guys. (Bruce Lee also won this contest one year, so we should not discard his abilities).

But even the Internalists usually practice the forms as well. I don’t think it’s a matter of style or linege … It’s a matter of the skill (developed on more than basic physical skill) of any given individual. The only way to really find out is to have a contest, and history tells us that horse races, political ascension, and hand-to-hand combat are often decided by hidden factors.

christibrany
    Participant

Understood. I do inner qi gong for years now and I feel a lot of benefit in my chakra areas in regards to storing and cleaning energy, also I find it helps with psychological things, calmness, clarity etc. That said my channels can be all nice and clean but if I don’t move my ass then my ass gets stiff, so to speak 😀

I do exist. Currently. But maybe when I sent the email the first time, I didn’t?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.