January 16, 2018 at 12:04 am #103106
I was just thinking, this title will be a shock to the LHP ‘evil’ fanboys since they view Grant as so dark and sludgy and ‘evil’. They would think ‘How could Kenneth talk against negativity!’
As Kenneth says in Beyond the Mauve Zone:
“Every negative thought that occurs signals a delay, if not an abortion of the processes of achieving that desire. Negative thoughts should be aborted, they are vampires feeding off the chittam, or mind stuff. The Will should be one-pointed in its determination to permit only positive thought, luminous thought, for by the projection of it’s own light the Will is able to achieve all things.”
1. Do you think by ‘negative thought’ he meant a thought which is in it’s usual use of the word ‘self-defeating,’ or do you think he meant that a negative thought is rather something that is viewed by Society as ‘sad/negative/bad’?
2. If you think that negative thoughts are from society, and into our brain, what is the problem with being ‘negative’ from time to time?
It seems like this diatribe against negative thoughts stems from his upbringing and final immersion in the hindu and hippy culture. In other words, if its ‘bad, man’ get rid of it.
3. I can agree that negative thoughts are crippling if gone to extremes, but I also think they have a huge value equal to ‘positive’ thoughts because it is part of our reasoning process. His statement above to me seems to advocate willful ignorance of our own workings and to ‘force’ a certain fake positive outcome?
And then Colin Wilson states his belief that certain entities or forces are purposefully enforcing a negative or hindering stance on mankind and their brains, to keep them ‘negative’ and ‘trapped’
Wilson wrote early, in the 60s this passage, but I find similar echoes in the work of Carlos Castaneda who I value greatly (yes I know there is no evidence for a true Don Juan Matus but that doesn’t matter because he was obviously taught by someone and learnt a lot in that regard ) .
‘In Castaneda’s final book, The Active Side of Infinity (1998), Don Juan challenges Castaneda to reconcile man’s intelligence, demonstrated in so many achievements, with,
“the stupidity of his systems of beliefs… the stupidity of his contradictory behavior.”
Don Juan relates this blatant contradiction in human intelligence to what he calls “the topic of topics,” “the most serious topic in sorcery.” This topic is predation.
To the horrified astonishment of his apprentice, the elder sorcerer explains how the human mind has been infiltrated by an alien intelligence:
We have a predator that came from the depths of the cosmos and took over the rule of our lives. Human beings are its prisoners. The predator is our lord and master. It has rendered us docile, helpless. If we want to protest, it suppresses our protest. If we want to act independently, it demands that we don’t do so…
Sorcerers believe that the predators have given us our systems of beliefs, our ideas of good and evil, our social mores.
They are the ones who set up our hopes and expectations and dreams of success or failure. They have given us covetousness, greed and cowardice. It is the predators who make us complacent, routinary and egomaniacal.
According to Don Juan, the sorcerers of ancient Mexico called the predator, the flyer,
“because it leaps through the air… It is a big shadow, impenetrably black, a black shadow that jumps through the air.”‘
4. Do you think it is possible to reconcile Grant’s, Wilson’s and Castaneda’s beliefs into a coherent whole in regards to this predator of negativity?
What do you think it means?
Obviously (!) Grant is the more metaphysical and vague in stating it is all of the mind, but isn’t the mind also an objective outside concept?
5. In other words, have not recent physical studies shown that consciousness is located outside the brain? I never thought science would catch up to this in my lifetime (Dom can flame on) but it’s amazing.
So let’s talk!
January 20, 2018 at 12:48 am #103138
- This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by christibrany.
If it’s confusing or too deep or down right dumb let me know.January 20, 2018 at 2:15 am #103140
Interesting topic there Christibrany, it just seems like a lot of angles, facets and perspectives to grasp and enter from there .
i guess becoming aware of the negativity predator could be good exercise on the mental plane .January 20, 2018 at 5:08 am #103143
a magical re collection
What is natural what is not ?
The alien impinging itself on what was thought
natural ?January 21, 2018 at 6:56 pm #103150
In stalking energy does not one call into being predation and assume the form ?
Is the negativity in the way of the predator ?
How have the aliens rigged the trap of day in and day out of I I me me mine craving thirst consciousness ?
How is it produced generated emanated and sustained ?January 22, 2018 at 4:40 am #103151
and imputed upon the corporeal ?January 23, 2018 at 10:34 pm #103167
Do you think it is possible to reconcile Grant’s, Wilson’s and Castaneda’s beliefs into a coherent whole in regards to this predator of negativity
- You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.