Home Forums Thelema Thelema Thelemic Cosmology Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

christibrany
    Participant

Here are some random questions that have been popping around in my head the last month or so I can’t find cogent answers to. Feel free to correct any mistakes if I am even asking the questions wrong.

I have mostly been focussing on magick and mysticism and my gradework but certain Cosmological questions have been nagging at me informally:

If our Sun is Horus who is the Son of the Aeon, and Sirius is the Hidden Sun, or Sothis, how does that relate to the Black Sun which is Saturn?

And is The Black Sun synonymous with the Hidden Sun?

If Sirius is the Hidden Sun does that mean it relates to Hoor Par Kraat or the hidden twin of Horus?

How does Ra Hoor Khuit and Hoor Par Kraat relate to Horus if HPK is not his hidden twin?

Is Sothis/Sirius viewed as the ‘true’ son, and Sol is it’s reflection?

How does this all tie in with Hadit as the atom/infinite point and Nuit as all encircling space/the circumference?

Hopefully a few of you care to tackle these.

93s!

Chris

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Hopefully a few of you care to tackle these.
    I’ll try a bite (if only to demonstrate there is still some debating-like activity going down & hopefully some others will also join in)!

If our Sun is Horus who is the Son of the Aeon, and Sirius is the Hidden Sun, or Sothis, how does that relate to the Black Sun which is Saturn?
    Does it relate? (Can I ask whereabouts in the Crowley you’re reading is it that he refers to Saturn as the Black Sun?)

And is The Black Sun synonymous with the Hidden Sun?
    Not if it’s Saturn (i.e. that would be Binah).

If Sirius is the Hidden Sun does that mean it relates to Hoor Par Kraat or the hidden twin of Horus?
    Yes. (Two ‘a’s in Paar.)

How does Ra Hoor Khuit and Hoor Par Kraat relate to Horus if HPK is not his hidden twin?
    But where does it say HPK is not his hidden twin?

Is Sothis/Sirius viewed as the ‘true’ son, and .Sol is it’s reflection?
    By some. (do you mean ‘sun’ here?) Bob Anton Wilson & Grant’s interpretation far more so than Crowley’s is of Sirius (Sothis) as the hidden sun, also ‘the Star of Isis’. And also the Star of Big Stan, Chris!

How does this all tie in with Hadit as the atom/infinite point and Nuit as all encircling space/the circumference?
    One’s going inwards and one going outwards and they both meet in the middle as HPK + RHK, or HRH (One sentence answer.)

Beast wishes to you & 93s
    Norma N Joy Conquest

christibrany
    Participant

Thanks Jamie, I think that helps a lot.

I am also being told by my contacts in Shambhala that the ‘Black Sun’ is ‘usually’ Sothis/Sirius ie the Hidden Self.

And the dual star concept of Sol / Sirius does relate to the Solar self vs the Hidden Self/HPK.

To answer your question about where I saw Saturn as the Black Sun it was not Crowley but a Thelemite’s blog I found interesting:
    http://www.horusset.com/RIKB/bsastro.htm

Let’s see if this reply works.

93s!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.