• This topic contains 495 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  lashtal 1 month ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 496 total)
  • Author

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

But Antartica though, of all places — can you really be serious?

Out of the frying pan and into the … icebox,
    J Noy

Shiva
    Participant

d: internationally sanctioned zone to be set up.

Gobi Desert, Mongolia, Edwards Air Force Base (Calif), Desert next to Area 51 (Nevada), Argentine Pampas, etc.

One problem would involve curtailing the rise of the gangs … again. These folks have been imprinted in the 2nd circuit (Yesod) with dominance-submissiveness protocols. The very thing they are seeking to escape will rise up again – it’s part of their culture.

The MS-13, the most big and bold gang in L.A., that has spread elsewhere, was formed by Salvadorians.

dom
    Participant

One problem would involve curtailing the rise of the gangs … again. These folks have been imprinted in the 2nd circuit (Yesod) with dominance-submissiveness protocols. The very thing they are seeking to escape will rise up again – it’s part of their culture.

Remember not all countries allow their citizens to have guns.

Shiva
    Participant

d: not all countries allow their citizens to have gu

The bad guys get them anyway. One he has one, his rival will get two. Many of these altercations are held in family trust down through the ages.Japan did pretty good with samurai swords before guns came along.

I think I shall start a threat titled Thelemic Ninjas.

mal
    Participant

Human migration has and will continue to contribute to the survival and prosperity of the species and of nations.
    “E pluribus unum.”, some have said.
    Also there’s more to consider to the migrant situation than zerosum thinking, stereotyping, and self serving rationalizations. Besides the benefits from immigration and refugees, which do get a lot of talk from their supporters, there is also the flip side to that coin in that there are real world dangers and a need for security and order that shouldn’t be muddled, misdirected or impeded by irrational thinking based on fear and fallacy.

It seems best when migrant policy isn’t so heavily politicized so that the file could be more easily addressed and maintained. Although, the discussion of migration does get some people easily distressed and politically motivated which opens them up to exploitation as a political base.

In a general sense, my preference is to support preventing or stopping the crises causing refugees to leave their land and to help them thrive. That comes up against non-interventionism and interdiction arguments which is good and helps keep the moral compass aligned. For immigration it’d be great if Canada could set up the infrastructure and economy to take in 10s of millions of people that want to become Canadians in the coming decades.

To a more immediate specific case involving refugees, the Canada-US Safe Third Country Agreement works well enough and has helped fix loopholes that were being exploited making the refugee crisis worse in Canada. One of the down sides of the agreement is that it makes each nation appear to condone the refugee policies of the other.

My current preference for Antarctica is to preserve its natural habitat and minimize human presence.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@shiva :

Gobi Desert, Mongolia, Edwards Air Force Base (Calif), Desert next to Area 51 (Nevada), Argentine Pampas, etc.
    The problem isn’t really finding the desert — what about Western Australia, come to that, which is the majority of the continent’s land mass — it’s turning the desert into lebensraum, to use that poetical phrase, reversing the geophysical trend towards desertification. But also, as Michael says, these regions are already within (the jurisdiction of) other countries and are not “common ground”.
    I’m reminded of the golf courses and lavish lawns in Qatar and other similar regions, requiring massive amounts of fresh water on a daily basis. All very nice for the rich Arabs I’m sure, but until the cheap technology for the mass-production of this process arises it will remain a good idea in theory, but not practically realisable. And then their inhabitants will inevitably want the same standards of living as that enjoyed by those in the developed First World, and who’ll be able to say nay to that?.

2nd circuit […]
    I think I shall start a threat titled Thelemic Ninjas.

Ha! I love it — but wordcheck blooper or freudian slip?

@mal :

My current preference for Antarctica is to preserve its natural habitat
    Including what’s left of its polar ice cap, of course (dom!)

N Yoj

Shiva
    Participant

j: as Michael says, these regions are already within (the jurisdiction of) other countries and are not “common ground”.

Well then, they’ll need to sell their land, or more shrewsdly, lease it. West Aus is a good candidate.

However, the angels came to me and said: “It needs to be an Island. Choose ye an Island.

Any area within or adjacent to any sovereign nation(s) or rebel-held zones … will surely become a new “border” to cross (legally or late at night).

Also, any Island would become a new Mediterranean Sea or Rio Grande. Swim it, row a boat, board a leaky scow, take a flight, develop teleportation. “You’re not going to keep us locked up on some crummy Island, nor sir!” … “M’am!” … “Ms!”

The solution has already been presented in The Master Codex. I quote the applicable statute:

XECUTIVE ORDER 31752

In Order to moderate and alleviate the present crisis within the EMERGENCY OVERPOPULATION AGENCY, and to ensure the vitality and longevity of global humanity, The Office of The Avatar, Denver, Colorado, has authorized the
    HOMO SAPIENS OVERPOPULATION ACT (HSOA).

1. Testing: With the advent of reliable blood and DNA tests that identify the presence of any premature, debilitating or degenerative disease that is transmitted through reproductive conception, in vivo and/or in vitrio, it is herewith directed that all newborn humans shall be so tested within ten (10) days of birth. All persons now above the age of ten (10) days, who are capable of, or will become capable of, reproducing homo sapiens offspring, will be so tested within three (3) months of today’s date. Test results are to be encoded within the individual’s Global Identifier Microchip (GIM).

2. Sterilization: Whenever a Class A* or a Class B** disease is detected, and that condition cannot be eliminated or rendered impotent by surgical, chemical, or energetic means, or modified by genetic manipulation, all without adverse side-effects, then that infant, child, or adult will be rendered incapable of reproducing through approved procedures, such as vasectomy and tubal ligation, and other techniques that otherwise leave all organs and functions intact.

3. Penalization: This Act is intended to safeguard the future of an ailing humanity, and it carries the full weight of global enforcement. An individual who subverts this Act by attempting to produce, or by actually producing, deficient offspring, will be subject to a mandatory fine of thirty (30) percent of their present annual income, a mandatory nine (9) month sentence in a Work-For-Support (WFS) Institution, a mandatory, immediate (within ten [10] days of sentencing) sterilization procedure, and a mandatory reduction of two (2) grades in Citizen Pay Rank (CPR).

The Office of The Avatar
    Cheyenne Mountain, Denver
    March 20, 2056

* A Class A disease will kill or disable a person before age 18;
    ** A Class B disease will kill or disable a person before age 50.+

—– End Exerpt – Want the whole Chapter? – Tell me “SEND REPRO” at notarajah@gmail.com ——

j: I think I shall start a threat titled Thelemic Ninjas.
    Ha! I love it — but
    wordcheck blooper or freudian slip?

I rarely allow wordchecking, so that’s the cause (of the effect). But “threat” would equally be applicable. Too bad I have no political or military basis for issuing such a threat. We’ll need to wait for the Avatar in 2056. I will be 117 years of age.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Shiva.

christibrany
    Participant

@shiva
    ‘However, the angels came to me and said: “It needs to be an Island. Choose ye an Island. ‘

Hmm..Madagascar rings eine err a bell 😉

@dom how about that idea? lol

Actually the most interesting and somewhat more feasible idea that tickles my imagination is building full new cities and farms on ocean real estate. Artificial floating islands.

dom
    Participant

The parallel problem is overpopulation. I did my bit for Gaia. I am not a father. Many others should join me. I hear that the Chinese government made it illegal to have more than two children.

dom
    Participant

I must admit this is like something out of 1935, yes. Saying well after the event he’s not happy with it is , well, not convincing.

Shiva
    Participant

c: Hmm..Madagascar

Good choice! I thought of that one, plus Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon). Vancouver Island would be great, but the first world is firmly embedded there, so I can’t afford it. Maybe a GoFundMe? I went to Vancouver Island twice. It was foggy. There was a man in a bowler had, with a walking stick, waling an English Bulldog. The climate is just like England.

d: the Chinese government made it illegal to have more than two children.

I think it was one child at one time. then they loosened up and allowed two. If any pair exceeds the limit, it’s a fine! They don’t kill the extra child. But parents who wanted to avoid the fine just said, “do it.” The neonate was killed immediately. Grissly stuff.

Either this committee comes up with a practical solution or we’ll have to let it slide for 37 years ’til deficient, disease-bearing DNA can be anal-ized and the infected lineages can be humanely neutralized without loss of drive or pleasure.

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

dom: “I must admit this is like something out of 1935, yes.”

Yeah, it’s really scary. I guess next year will show how racist the American people really is, because that’s how you used to be called when you vote for a racist. The same thing goes for us Germans too by the way.

Love=Law
    Lutz

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Madagascar… Good choice!
    Madagascar might qualify as an island, but there are people living there already and it hardy qualifies as a relatively unoccupied, desert-type zone. While we’re at it, Greenland is a very massive (inhospitable) island too, and almost empty… should we send them huddles masses over there instead?

1935…
    The year before the internationally attended Olympics held in Berlin, yes? And nearly fully four before the events of Kristallnacht

Just commenting,
    O Jny

ignant666
    Participant

I have been away in the woods with little net access for the last week. Just now catching up on discussion here.

I am astonished by the bigotry towards refugees and immigrants some have expressed.

How sensible to make the wise decision to incarnate in a rich industrialized country, so that one will never, oneself, have to face fleeing for one’s life with one’s family. Those who have been so very clever in choosing their country of birth deserve their smugness- they have earned it.

Those who think it a good idea to put “those people” away somewhere should study the histories of Liberia, and Israel, to find out how that idea has worked the two previous times in history it has been employed.

Shiva
    Participant

ig: I am astonished …

Nobody’s going to buy or allocate an island or a patch of desert for pan-immigration. It’s just an idea that’s being kicked around. It’s called free thinking and free speech. Everybody has a different idea, and some ideas are practical, while other ideas are impractical (because we at LAShTAL don’t have the political clout [at the international level] to make anything happen).

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 496 total)
  • The topic ‘Thelemic Politics’ is closed to new replies.