Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 191 total)
  • Author

dom
    Participant

See my above post as I think we were posting at the same time.

Someone could be sitting next to you on the bus getting ready to twang himself hard with an elastic band if you happen to talk to him and he happens to slip up and say, “but”. If he slips up and does a belated twang privately then how would we know? The regime you both inhabit is irrelevant. Could be a police state or a hippy commune or whatever.

Furthermore, what if he is trying Jim Eshelman’s reward-method? How would we know?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  dom.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  dom.

Shiva
    Participant

d: In fact Jugorum is being amended. Punishment is deemed unnecessary by e.g. Jim Eshelman. Simple rewards will suffice instead.

To J.E. add K. Grant and Fr. Shiva, et al. However, I don’t know that Grant switched to rewards, and I certainly didn’t.

“Oh, good, I didn’t say Butthead, or even think it, today. So I get a chocolate cake for dinner, and pleasant dreams all night.” In theory, the idea is good: Gain inhibitory control over actions, words, and thoughts. In practice, I have blacklisted Jugorum (as traditionally presented and practiced).

Ig: … but what if they get better at blocking and go after you, david?

No, no. Not him. It was me they were after. And they never found me. I finally walked into the Tribunal under my own steam, and got dismissed. So if they DO come after you, Dom, get secretly in touch with me, and I’ll give you pointers on evasive strategy.

Ig: but you already have national internet censorship/blocking in the UK.

I knew about China and N Korea, but the UK actually surprises me. What kind’a stuff is blocked?

Michael Staley
    Participant

@shiva

I knew about China and N Korea, but the UK actually surprises me. What kind’a stuff is blocked?

Typically these are so-called gagging-orders, where someone rich and powerful enough has gone to court to prevent references in public media to, for instance, their love-child by their secretary. This means that news-websites, google searches etc within the UK can’t reveal the idenity of the secretary nor even the existence of the sprog, but the information can be gleaned via a server outside the UK.

ignant666
    Participant

The country was listed among the “Enemies of the Internet” in 2014 by Reporters Without Borders, a category of countries with the highest level of internet censorship and surveillance that “mark themselves out not just for their capacity to censor news and information online but also for their almost systematic repression of Internet users”. Other major economies listed in this category include China, Iran, Pakistan, Russia and Saudi Arabia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_United_Kingdom

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  ignant666.

mayet
    Participant

@mal regarding She’s got some great policy ideas.
    If I had to choose a single thing from her policy page I really like that’s not on any other candidate page it’s this bit under indigenous reconciliation:
    “Protecting sacred sites and lands from sale, mining, or transfer without consultation with tribes.”

Hi Mal, from experience this does not work. I would like you to look a bit deeper at this and how it would be created and work. Australia has native title laws thanks to Mabo https://aiatsis.gov.au/explore/articles/mabo-case
    and it’s just bullshod. or lets pretend you own the land but we do really.
    One point to note here, Aboriginals have never Owned the land, they were always caretakers
    what that has resulted in is.. oh you are the aboriginal tribe that owns the land we want to mine.. we are just going to wave some long term cash under your noses and you can have some money we will call them royalties. “nah man we don’ wan’ no mine ere”.. said no tribe ever after that magic money was waved…

I was involved in an issue about 12 years ago with the cape flattery silica mine owned by Mitsubishi corp. the problem here was and is that the tribes have been forced to live white… and they no longer live on native lands as “the government bloke he come …. move us all into free houses and gave us all a pension of 800 every two weeks *approx “…. mind you as another note.. the gov soon learned to build them brick houses because they would use the wooden ones as firewood and build a fire in the middle of the living room… and they soon learned to make the commmunities “dry communities” <– no alcohol and opal petrol .. you call it gas.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opal_(fuel)

but at cape flattery the Dingaal tribe owned the land the mine was on.. but the *insert grimace here “aboriginal land council” took the money for all the tribes..so the dingaal my old mate elder gordon charlie and a canadian named ruth fought against it wanting the money for only the dingaal…in compensation for being removed from their land and the illness they believed the mine caused… I say believed only because I dont want mitsubishi suing me.. lol… the tribes themselves get paid their gov pension value basically in those royalties saving the gov money…. it was just a mess but not as bit as a mess as the mine has made…. disgusting really..

it’s a disgrace this native title crap. this is one instance from my paper …. an article locally about a sewerage treatment plant in my village being blocked by a native title fight… https://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/sewerage-delay-stinks-native-title-blocks-67m-proj/3698630/

so yeah what she is saying is… you can have your mines but pay them well to shut them up…

mayet
    Participant

sorry for the double post but I had enough trouble posting the previous comment because links ..I ain’t going to disturb the sleeping lion

Ig: but you already have national internet censorship/blocking in the UK.

Shiva: I knew about China and N Korea, but the UK actually surprises me. What kind’a stuff is blocked?

add australia to that list…. and NZ after reading a bit more.. google australia internet censorship

some interesting links about halfway down the page of results.. or should I say.. halfway down my page of results…

ps.. proxys work as a get around for the smarter cookies

@michael staley Typically these are so-called gagging-orders, where someone rich and powerful enough has gone to court to prevent references in public media to, for instance, their love-child by their secretary.

we have a gag order on all family court cases.. which has allowed rampant corruption in the system… don’t go there mayet.. shutup mayet..

and I have a gag order on edits lmao *happy dance

mal
    Participant

@MichaelStaley

I agree with that. As stars, our orbits interact with the orbits of other stars, affecting other orbits, just as other orbits affect ours. Stars aren’t often spotted wandering around aimlessly, wherever and whenever the fancy takes them.

Exactly, by will it’s collaboration in harmony with nature. In the most basic of terms if a star is “out-of-orbit” it’s brought into orbit by universal forces and the influence of other stars.

This concept is reflected in a physiological analogy related to political consciousness given during the introduction to a talk on repentance in politics by Marianne Williamson at Harvard Divinity February 2019:

One of the universal themes at the heart of all the great religious and spiritual teachings is some version of the idea that the universe is self-organizing and self-correcting.
    Now you see this in the way the body operates. The cells know what to do. The cells follow a kind of natural intelligence by which they’re assigned to work with other cells to collaborate with other cells in order to serve the healthy functioning of the organ and the organism of which they’re part. Every once in a while, as we know, a cell goes insane and it disconnects from that natural intelligence, disconnects from its collaboration, from its collaborative function with other cells and goes off to do its own thing. That is cancer. That is a malignancy in the body and it is also a malignancy in consciousness.

This has been part of her political stump speech for awhile, as those familiar with her know, but she seems to want to keep hammering at this point. Maybe she’s trying to reach a critical mass of cells(stars) who are doing their own thing to turn consciously and with conscience towards political involvement. I’m looking forward to seeing how her campaign develops if she makes the third/fourth debate threshold. Maybe she’ll get deeper. She said in some interview that she looks at the campaign as a long conversation with the nation.

This description of Marianne Williamson from A Republic of Mind and Spirit by Catherine L. Albanese has been quoted in a couple articles:
    “Freemasonry, early Mormonism, Universalism and Transcendentalism before the Civil War and, subsequently, Spiritualism, Theosophy, New Thought, mind cure and reinvented versions of Asian ideas and practices.”

I’ve only seen the above quote and not the book itself but I’m surprised it doesn’t mention Judaism which has a great influence on her.
    Whatever boxes she ticks for those keeping score she definitely could bring some interesting things to discussion if the nation is up for it.
    Hmm, a US president that quotes the Dalai Lama would help make China relations less about economics.

@dom

So what? Solution: don’t discuss Jugorum. Less talk more action. You think I talk about Jugorum practices to people I know? Why would I do that? If you protest and argue that razors on forearm are a give-away well then adjust to use an elastic band or like RAW, bite a thumb. In fact Jugorum is being amended. Punishment is deemed unnecessary by e.g. Jim Eshelman. Simple rewards will suffice instead.

Or alternately, instead of presenting hindquarters to censure and the unnecessary state limitation on personal liberty a Thelemite can take political action and make sure there is freedom to discuss thelemic ideas so that they can be introduced to more people.
    The specific practice and changes aren’t the point. It’s the influence on Thelema the political structure may have at any given time by who is involved with who is in power which could through its mandate limit or bolster Thelemic activity.

A New Aeon spiritual US presidential candidate does provide an opportunity to bolster Thelemic activity.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  mal. Reason: formatting

dom
    Participant

A New Aeon spiritual US presidential candidate does provide an opportunity to bolster Thelemic activity.

Good point.

Get canvassing.

mal
    Participant

Good point.

Get canvassing.

That’s part of it.
    In an archetypal way the creative could formulate activities from records like the magical battle of Britain.

Tiger
    Participant

This is not a rally around the flag pole
    to keep the deep state in.

This is
    Swirling freedom.
    Bring the
    Tornado in !

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Tiger.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@dom :

You think I talk about Jugorum practices to people I know? Why would I do that?
    The implication here is that, given the choice, you would rather talk about it to people you don’t know instead?

In fact Jugorum is being amended.
    Do you mean “amended” as in “edited”? But on what (whose) Authority?

@mal :

In an archetypal way the creative could formulate activities from records like the magical battle of Britain.
    From what records where, though? If you mean the purported Ashdown Forest ceremony that has semi-legendary status with very little factual back-up.

N Joy

Tiger
    Participant

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Yes, so semi-legendary and short of facts there’s more than one forest it might have taken place in (New v. Ashdown). Nothing appears to have been released to the public under the 70 years secrecy rule back in 2010, but even ITMA (Amado) claimed to have played an indispensable leading role as a toddler (alongside his ‘dad’) in it..

V Joy

Tiger
    Participant

@Jamie
    Well it’s about time for you to give us another history lesson ?!.

Shiva
    Participant

Well, AC himself participated in magical attack/defense. Not in a forest, not in a coven, but (in his usual way) in print. It was subtitled, A Talisman to Win the War, and it threatened Adolf personally and directly.

Need I say more, or do some readers require further input (because you don’t know what I’m talking about … Poor Shiva, he’s lost his mind).

Also, I have described successful stoppage of enemies and firestorms in Inside Solar Lodge, and I have known of others who did the same (I saw where the fire was stopped, but didn’t witness the stoppage ritual).

The magical activities of the Nazis is well known (see: The Occult and the Third Reich, and The Spear of Destiny … both published long ago and still available. I have covered the Nazi magical history in Darko, a chapter in The Master Codex. Want a copy? Buzz me at notarajah@gmail.com with the subject line SEND DARKO.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.