Home Forums Community Contacts Thelemites in Kentucky?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

IchWill
    Participant

Is anyone here from Kentucky? I grew up in the northern part of the state but currently live in Bowling Green.

smokewolf
    Participant

Yep, we’re here. I’m in Ashland but grew up in Louisville.

There’s even an OTO camp in Louisville.

IchWill
    Participant

Wow I had no idea. That’s great news. I’m not that familiar with how O.T.O. chapters operate, are non-members welcome at events such as classes and social gatherins etc.?

smokewolf
    Participant

Yes. We have many people who show up for classes and fellowship who have decided not to initiate. Most (exception being for initiations and initiation related classes) of the classes and such are opened to the public.

There is also a thelemic festival in june – Babalon Rising you might look into

http://www.babalonrising.org

IchWill
    Participant
    "smokewolf" wrote:
    Yes. We have many people who show up for classes and fellowship who have decided not to initiate. Most (exception being for initiations and initiation related classes) of the classes and such are opened to the public.

There is also a thelemic festival in june – Babalon Rising you might look into

http://www.babalonrising.org

I’m definitely planning on attending that festival. I like the amount of variety in the presenters, should be really interesting and fun.

I’m definitely interested in pursuing initiation eventually but am not sure if right now is the best time. Regardless I’m going to try to make it up to Lville for some of those classes soon. Up until about a month ago I didn’t know anyone who was involved with Thelema or occult stuff, so this is good news indeed.

Thanks again man

smokewolf
    Participant
    "IchWill" wrote:
    I’m definitely planning on attending that festival. I like the amount of variety in the presenters, should be really interesting and fun.

PM me your contact information and we’ll hook up at the festival.

Hyacintherion
    Participant

I know that this is an old thread…but I am somewhat new to the forum.  I am currently in Lexington studying law at UK.  I will only be here for about another year and a half however before returning home to coastal Georgia.  Feel free to PM me…I would love to make some contacts here. 

smokewolf
    Participant

We have an active body of the OTO in Louisville with members currently in Lexington coming up here almost weekly. Feel free to private message me if you’re up to coming out to one of our events, maybe I can arrange a ride with Lexington group.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.