Home Forums Thelema Magick Varajasana

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Author

dom
    Participant

@jbarter

Ignant’s use of the other track about the Sun was not a counter argument to Reed’s view on the matter of countryside living. Ignant has a friend in Google when it comes to Latin and etymology but y’know whatever.

Why are you automatically looking for silly counter argument’s in what I say all the time? I’ll tell you because your capacity for forming hypotheses isn’t so good. There are parts of the UK north of Watford which are a mix of countryside and (if one travels 7 miles or so away) very urban complete with drug-addled street beggars and all of the other sights that a bumpkin wouldn’t ordinarily get to see on his way to the farm.

Also “the spirits of the evening breeze” are not just in the countryside. They can be found e.g. in downtown Chicago also. Like I said it’s about balance. I recommend that people now and again should go for a 20 minute walk around the block and back (preferably in the evening) without compulsively looking at their mobile phones. It gives a decent perspective on things to get away from TV, radio and computer media for a while.

So that’s two weeks in all.  And presumably you mean you’ve only just done it now, this year, after reading about it on L’s blog?  That’s not really long enough to draw any conclusive results surely.  It’s not even a full season of the moon (for Christ’s sake)!

I disagree i’d say it was enough time.

Conclusion, I prefer using the Sun but it was an interesting experiment whilst it lasted.
    Exactly.  So why would anyone want to choose the Couch instead? 

You’re not me.

And from your perspective, you’re encouraging me, if not to actually waste my precious time, to spend it in a less productive way than you would instead?

But you’re not me. However if you don’t want to challenge your own rigid capacity for conclusion-formation without experiment then what can I do?

Apologies, the Sun is in the 4 quarters at certain times whereas your couch will presumably be stationary wherever it is that you reside 24/7
    Sorry but I still don’t grasp your explanation.  Of course the couch will be stationary — it’s hardly likely to be moving around the apartment of its own volition in contradiction of Newton’s First Law of Motion, is it?  What is it you’re trying to get at?

Are you going to try it?

y’know think how Muslims salute Meccca.
    Like 5 into 4, this won’t go

Are you serious? You’re actually that anal and pedantic to dispute the similarity between Resh and Mecca salutations? This is why I don’t answer your points….. a lot of the time.

Anyway Vajrasana, not good on the ankles.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  dom.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@dom :

You will have to pardon my relative tardiness in responding but something cropped up and I had to deal with certain personal issues.

Ignant’s use of the other track about the Sun was not a counter argument to Reed’s view on the matter of countryside living. Ignant has a friend in Google when it comes to Latin and etymology but y’know whatever.
    And the exact relevance of this to me in particular is?

Why are you automatically looking for silly counter argument’s in what I say all the time?
    Not all of the time, david/dom.   Some of the time, I’ll grant you.  You are either grossly exaggerating or being woefully paranoid — both of which you’ve done often in the past, so it could be either.  And the reason for it is, since you can’t seem to fathom it yourself, that there’s just something in your manner that rather invites it.  It is fairly safe to declare I’m not alone in this either, and you also can’t seem to tell the difference between when your chain is being amicably yanked (e.g. over the ‘Bedfordshire bilocation’ business) and when folk are being relatively serious with you.  But I guess there’s not much that can be done about that.  Perhaps petition your guru the gardener for advice?….

I’ll tell you because your capacity for forming hypotheses isn’t so good.
    Well that would qualify as your opinion, wouldn’t it?  And if I were to disagree, well how far does that get us?  For example, we seem to disagree on the matter of whether trying Los’s idea of worshipping his couch is worthwhile to try for five days or not.  To be honest, I don’t think I’d be able to fake it with a straight face even the once.  So perhaps I’ll concede the point to you on this one as to whether two weeks would be enough…

“y’know think how Muslims salute Meccca.”
    —Like 5 into 4, this won’t go
    “Are you serious? You’re actually that anal and pedantic to dispute the similarity between Resh and Mecca salutations?”

They both involve praying between three and six times every day — there you go, that’s a similarity.  Does that make you happy now?

This is why I don’t answer your points….. a lot of the time.
    Pardon me if I don’t have a traumatic breakdown… Just like Los, you prefer to cherry-pick your answers on matters which you largely bring up on the forum in the first place it seems.

N Joy.

Shiva
    Participant

JB: Pardon me if I don’t have a traumatic breakdown

Oh, go ahead! You deserve one after all your efforts defending our sanity.

ignant666
    Participant

Ignant’s use of the other track about the Sun was not a counter argument to Reed’s view on the matter of countryside living.

It wa not intended as such, but rather as a sarcastic comment on your avowed anti-sun, pro-couch, views. No one has argued for “countryside living”. I lived in the biggest city in the USA for the majority of my life. All i said is that if you cannot tell the difference between the sun and your couch, go sleep outdoors for a while. The Velvets song i posted is also a better song than the one you posted; my third favorite (after “Heroin” and “Sister Ray”, since you are so interested in my non-jazz musical preferences).

Ignant has a friend in Google when it comes to Latin and etymology but y’know whatever.

Or perhaps a good education enabling me to notice your howlers, and then google them to prove it to you? Do you imagine i google the etymology of every word you use, to try to catch you, and just got lucky? You honestly though “desolate” meant “lacking sun” (just because it had “sol” in it), and did not understand it meant “lacking people”? Have you ever owned a dictionary?

Yet again, your persona strains credulity. I just don’t think anyone is as thick as you portray yourself.

dom
    Participant

I mistakenly stated I knew the etymology of a word which might I add was not exactly a massive terrible misunderstanding considering that the absence of the prefix leaves us with “sol” / “solation”. Ok big deal I’m not well up on Latin. The fact that you scurried off to google the actual etymology and then couldn’t wait to bounce back with your vindictive gotcha tells me that you’re a bit of a sad character. However as a magician I fully accept the levels of pettiness that presently infect the planet.

How about we get back OT. You’re actually claiming that a bit of slam-dancing renders you unable to try vajrasana?

Michael Staley
    Participant

@dom

How about we get back OT.

A bit late for that, probably. I’ve never known anyone with such a talent for derailing their own posts.

couldn’t wait to bounce back with your vindictive gotcha

I think you’re mistaken. You just seem to post whatever comes into your head; it comes across as unedited, stream of consciousness that bubbles up.

ignant666
    Participant

My right knee is seriously damaged from the cumulative toll over 58 years of a variety of life-activities, including moshing (a lot more than “a bit”), as verified by an MRI (perhaps the most unpleasant experience of my life). It just won’t bend far enough to get into vajrasana without a great deal of pain. Why do you care about my right knee?

As to the “pettiness” of knowing etymology, anyone who has read the Hag as often as you will surely recall AC’s fondness for Skeats’ Etymological Dictionary?

dom
    Participant

Your right knee is good I like it, it’s a good knee. No your right knee I’ve got nothing against.

Michael Staley has come alive all of a sudden. Vajrasana good for gastric acidity also.

ignant666
    Participant

I keep waiting for Paul to come in here saying “No, no, too silly, too digressive!” like the cop in a Monty Python sketch. This thread is truly special even by the standards of david’s general stream-of-consciousness/”Ooh look a shiny object!” approach.

We now have david’s benediction on my right knee. O great day of glory that i thought would never come!

Just as S.’. H.’. Fra. Urizen sometimes seemed to be a Turing-test text-robot, david’s posts sometimes seem like the product of a collective of folks who don’t talk to each other much, or read each other’s posts.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  ignant666.

dom
    Participant

Igant you’re the one who keeps dragging the thread off the rails.

You’re dwelling on your usual silly ego-games and my Cooke-Moore sketch reference (ie the leg). Meanwhile I raise the point about vajrasana (OT) helping with gastric acidity and it gets ignored.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  dom.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@dom

but you’re dwelling on your usual silly ego-games and my Cooke-Moore sketch reference.

No, he’s not. He’s pointing out that you seem incapable of remaining on-topic on even the threads that you have started.

dom
    Participant

If you can get off your ass to peruse the pages of this thread Michael you will find that you’re actually talking rubbish.

ignant666
    Participant

Anything you say, david.

I apologize for being an inferior foreign American who does not recognize allusions to UK comedy sketches.

Here is some good advice on yoga:

Michael Staley
    Participant

@dom

If you can get off your ass to peruse the pages of this thread Michael you will find that you’re actually talking rubbish.

I have been following this meandering thread, and no I’m not talking rubbish.

Tiger
    Participant

Michael you should know dom by now .
    He is asking .
    His yoga teacher gave him an answer .
    We chimed in .

he ain’t tryin to hear .
    So just bounce with it .

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.