Home Forums Thelema Thelema What of the children of Thelemites?

• This topic contains 94 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  mayet 2 weeks ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Author

mayet
    Participant

You don’t know what “grade” I is/are my son.

Well see, I would like to think that gradings are an all around affair. That not only do you raise your frequency by esoteric knowledge, you also work on base skills. This appears to be lacking by the narrow minded “teens creepy” comment and quite a few parts of your last reply. What I am saying I guess is it’s all well and good to see the light but to know the light, you have to know the dark it came from.

“Thelemicaly speaking” some of us don’t need weed or acid.

Thelemically speaking I will include myself in your some of us, if that’s ok with you. If it’s not ok I will still include myself anyway.
    What makes you think I NEED weed?
    What makes you think I need acid?
    Do you feel that your “some of us” statement might be you purposefully separating me / denying me from being part of something?
    Do you feel that I am not worthy to being your equal?

because that is what I COULD take from your comments. What you gave in subtext. As I learn every moment of the day, I hope you do too. I hope that in your own growth you reach the place of “seeing things without prejudice” I’m not quite there myself. Mostly I do but I still check myself every moment. I know Im a snot. I know I am an upstart. I know I push boundaries. I know you.

That supposition is totally incorrect BTW. I have one thing I need. Ok there’s food and water, Im yet to try to become a breatharian The thought is there to try it though.. every time I try I get hungry though and then I think… hmm am I really hungry or is it habit and I just think I am hungry. No, the only thing I need is warmth. No matter how hard I try to give up that one, Im still addicted to being warm.

……………. so what? You don’t shock me.
    See that’s the thing, I didn’t try to shock you, it wasn’t meant to shock you. I would of liked to have you wake up a little and not pass biased judgement. I would of liked you to ask why instead of sprouting a dismissive condescending “…..so what?”

I’m an avid crime channel viewer.
    Why?
    What is it that has you so absorbed by the crime channel?

That’s what interest me. The whys. I could surmise that you have had a great ride in life and by watching the crime channel avidly, that is your way, of deliciously stepping over the tracks to the other side of town without any danger or consequences.

Was it necessary?

yay a question finally.. do you really want the answer?

The short answer is no.

Why?

The long answer is I thought it was necessary at the time to get me through tough times. Most times when I was subjected to abuse akin to being in a war zone, I liked to zone out. Most times I used it to counter balance my over active mind in other words also zone out. Some times I used it to stop me feeling nauseous. Many times I used it to dampen my immune system (also over active)

If you want that relaxed euphoria you could go jogging or do some other sport.

*sigh really?
    For a start I am 52 years old, jogging at this age can actually be strenuously damaging on the joints. I wouldn’t recommend it. Walking however, which is something I enjoy, is very healthy and is a perfect way to stimulate the body’s Ki flow.

If you can’t do that you could lift weights and feel spaced out but remain alert whilst enhancing your physical strength.

Once again you are not talking down to a millennial lifting weights is undue strain on the older body. A series of exercises using the body’s strength against itself is much more beneficial to alertness and physical strength.
    1, lifting weights does not make you feel spaced out. it does however give you an endorphin rush.
    2, I hope you understood my why’s above and comprehend that the whole idea was not remaining alert.
    3, my physical strength while not perfect is above satisfactory.

If you want to expand your mind then join in with the housework or the gardening.

really Dom… really?
    that comment alone is more mind numbing than housework. My idea is to get the housework over and done with as early as possible so I can get back to expanding my mind and learning. Gardening, would be nice if I had my own garden again. There was a time I had over 100 different medical herbs growing for which I created tinctures for various ailments with some awesome successes. One I created for arthritis had a wonderful side affect of clearing all the gunk off the lungs. I have also learned recently that standing in the position of NUIT while coughing has the same affect and helps with asthma. Recent breakthroughs in my alchemical work has given me knowledge on how to cure infections easily.

I mean a lot of potheads strike me as rebels who are rebelling against something that isn’t there.
    What? In the words of Pauline.. please explain your reasoning

Perhaps it’s their father’s shadow I dunno.
    what? again please explain .. and I mean that.. please do..

you don’t know many people that smoke weed do you. Im still not sure what daddy and his shadow have to do with it
    potheads simply wish to be in that I dont give a phuck about anything mode.

Like Leary said, they’re trapped in a little hedonistic sub-culture…….dude.

you’ve been watching too much big lebowski Leary said that in what year 1960? when it was actually a sub culture.. I got news for you dude… smoking pot is now a bona fide culture, nothing sub culture about it. Within a few years even us antipodeans will legally be able to to obtain
    unlike you sitting there with “book knowledge” of what Leary said I actually learned from experience. A pathway to knowledge that I took which I felt would give me a better understanding of life. it doesnt make me better or worse than you… it makes me different from you.

Am I the only one around here who doesn’t have to google “d4”? Still no joy.
    you probably are the only one… commonsense and logic might of helped had you used it. Lets see if there was s’s and d’s I said he for both the S’s D the d was for the she and we were talking children of thelemites .. I have said before I have six children 2 sons 4 daughters.

So what conclusion are we to draw from this,your response to my earlier comment?

“we” ?? I certainly hope you draw your own, so that should of said “what conclusion am I to draw” and let others speak for themselves.
    I will spell it out for you seeing as you don’t seem willing or able to see what is in front of you .. but then that may be me over estimating your abilities and knowledge.

by removing the rebellious mystique and taking away the I am doing something I shouldnt AKA the taboo… and at the same time educating on the effects as they happen, I firstly showed her that she could make her own choices, that choices had consequences, and that she only wanted them because she couldn’t have them. In other words my many years as a pothead learned me a thing or two.

Is it your nature to be condescending to all who are different from you Dom? is it because I am another aussie stepping into your domain? Is it because I am a woman?

you dont have to answer to me.. but you do have to answer to yourself…..

thank you for inspiring me to upload some more of my old work to publish please read.
    Judgement By Mayet

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  mayet.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

LAShTAL is becoming very busy these days, it seems: having gone away at the weekend I return to find a veritable cornucopia of postings — it hasn’t been like this for about the last 4 or 5 years (or since before the last major redesign of the website from when we still had the ‘Preview’, ‘Unread Posts’ [would have been highly useful here!] and several other valuable functions amongst others)…

@shiva :

I went out of my way to put my previous post in an area of economics and administration.
    Though “Administration” is just another way of saying Government — e.g. as in, ‘There was an increase in Cold War hostilities during the period of the Reagan administration’ — and the subject of ‘economics’ was not always called that; up until the end of the 19th century it was in fact known as the study of ‘political economy’. Fact! [MY itals].

I merely suggest than nothing is going to work out well ’til the ruler of a gang, cult, corporation, city, state, nation, or planet until or unless there’s an 8=3 [or equivalent] on the hot seat […] My point remains. Nothing will work out properly unless there’s an 8=3 [or equivalent] in charge.
    The Tao Teh Chinghas a lot to similar things to say about the best forms of rulership, and particularly Crowley’s own version of it containing his particular invaluable annotations (previously available until suppression by the (c)OTO in Marcelo Motta’s “Equinox” [sub-titled The Chinese Texts of Magick & Mysticism] Vo 5 No.3)

All Thelemites want their little John or Jane to grow up to be a Magister Templi, don’t they?
    No, they want them to discover and follow their true will (do that & and no other shall naysay) which may or may not involve them becoming an MT/8=3 in that particular incarnation.
    Returning to the OT, I tried to raise my two children as far as possible in accordance with Reichian (=the prevention of the build-up or accretion of ‘character armour’ otherwise known as complexes/folds in the veils of the personality/khu) principles rather than those of Crowleyan (=smoke yourself silly) childrearing. Although not inimical towards Crowley (and he uses the Thoth Tarot) my son is at present more attracted to the writings of Stuart Wilde, and my daughter also has wide interests but no one in particular at the moment. It’s curious who the next generation finds to ‘rebel’ against what with A.C. being regarded in some quarters as the ‘the ultimate bad boy’; a bit like the offspring of punk musicians choosing to become accountants I suppose, or purveyors of ‘easy listening’!

‘Cat’s in the cradle’ &c &c,
    N Joy

dom
    Participant

@mayet

See that’s the thing, I didn’t try to shock you, it wasn’t meant to shock you.

Eh? You implied that I would be shocked by your behaviour/statement. I wasn’t. Just sayin’.

What is it that has you so absorbed by the crime channel?
    That’s what interest me. The whys. I could surmise that you have had a great ride in life and by watching the crime channel avidly, that is your way, of deliciously stepping over the tracks to the other side of town without any danger or consequences.

No, it’s an example of my shockability level. No big unbalanced fascination with the crime channel, I just used that as an example. I could’ve used ten other examples but that one sufficed.

“Other side of town”? Eh? A lot of crimes are committed by wealthy idiots also.

The long answer is I thought it was necessary at the time to get me through tough times

……………………

Within a few years even us antipodeans will legally be able to to obtain

Eh? I’ve never set foot in Australia.

Is it your nature to be condescending to all who are different from you Dom? is it because I am another aussie stepping into your domain? Is it because I am a woman?

Eh? I thought you were a man!

I’ve never set foot in Australia.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  dom.

mayet
    Participant

I saw your user pic and presumed you were also Australian which is my bad I apologize

yes I am a woman who has stepped away from the kitchen into the unknown search for knowledge

to add to that ..I see the journey of a man on the path to be somewhat easier than a woman

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  mayet.

Tiger
    Participant

food clothing safety
    A curse is a blessing
    A blessing is a curse

easy don’t make you hard

Women are the future

Tiger
    Participant

Fish ladies with knives

Shiva
    Participant

m: alling Crowley megatron is new to you isn’t it, I have only heard you say that recently .. another piece of code put together?

It is not Crowley, nor from him. The code has been put together, and I have either been offering parts of it (one ashram at a time), or in full length videos (if you can call one hour “full length.” It is available as a “full length” book (which includes all the ashrams), and as an interactive website. All of these things have been announced here on LAShTAL, and all of them (except for the book) are free.

The introduction Video (The Table of Contents) can be seen at:

The First Ray Video is at:

(other links removed for subsequent posting – so the WordPress Genie doesn’t gran and hide this post)

d: Am I the only one around here who doesn’t have to google “d4”?

No, “S” and “D” are clearly her offspring.

m: Is it your nature to be condescending to all who are different from you Dom?

No. He applies it equally to all, regardless of race, gender, religion (or not), national origin, grade level, disability, or tax status.

The big problem is that “condescending” has also been applied to me, who can get cocky sometimes too.

jb: LAShTAL is becoming very busy these days

It used to be like this all the time.

jb: Though “Administration” is just another way of saying Government

That’s one definition. There are others.
    P.S. I knew exactly what I was doing and saying.

Sh: All Thelemites want their little John or Jane to grow up to be a Magister Templi, don’t they?
    jb: No, they want them to discover and follow their true will

Well, that really takes place at Chokmah. A lot of folks running around at “lesser” levels like to say, “I’m doing my Will,” when they aren’t even in the Will dimension. So if you want to up-the-ante, I’ll go along with you. But, really, I don’t think many Thelemites want to load the curse of the grade of Magus upon their little ones.

Shiva
    Participant

Second Post (due to 4 links, with 2 removed).

Look, I purposely selected the “video” link, not the “embed” link, but WordPress grabbed it gave it to you in moving color.

Here’s the two additional links:

The interactive website is at:
    http://crystal-chip.angelfire.com/

The book can be previewed at:
    http://www.lulu.com/shop/frater-shiva/the-crystal-chip-directory/hardcover/product-24000908.html
    But you don’t need the book when it’s all free at the www.

hermitas
    Participant

Interesting.

Interesting…

Hi. I’m new here. Male. 46.

But what about magick? Do you teach them young? What about the consequences of abuse by immature minds and bodies?

I’ve recently started using my “picture cards” (tarot) with my 5-year-old daughter. She eats it up. Takes to it like a duck to water.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  hermitas.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  hermitas.

Shiva
    Participant

h: But what about magick? Do you teach them young? What about the consequences of abuse by immature minds and bodies?

A good question. One that you will have to ponder and answer in your own family. Do you mean the Philosophy of Magick (capital M, ends with a “k”), like contacting the HGA in order to “find” one’s Will? Or do you mean “ceremonial magick,” wherein banishings and invocations are performed? Neither of these should damage the tyke.

But if you mean “evocation” or any of that darker stuff, I see your concern.

I’ve recently started using my “picture cards” (tarot) with my 5-year-old daughter.

That would be an introduction to the Philosophy of Magick, a simple study of the basic parts.

christibrany
    Participant

@mayet, are you the entity formerly known as Pegasus who was kicked out? Just curious.

@Ignant, oh my wife speaks plenty loud too! But it’s always at a set time of Saturday mornings so I bury my head in the covers while she’s ‘talking’ to her mom 😛 I can understand a bit of Portuguese, mostly written as it is very similar to some French and Spanish of course.

hermitas
    Participant

@shiva

A good question. One that you will have to ponder and answer in your own family. Do you mean the Philosophy of Magick (capital M, ends with a “k”), like contacting the HGA in order to “find” one’s Will? Or do you mean “ceremonial magick,” wherein banishings and invocations are performed? Neither of these should damage the tyke.

Well, I really mean just magick… that it really exists at all. She’s already asking about making wishes and why you don’t tell people what you wish for, and I’m inclined to start answering her questions from an informed standpoint. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience and recommendations.

christibrany
    Participant

@ignant666
    I forgot to mention that Porto is amazing. It is the nearest big city from where my wife is from so we would always meet there when we were courting and then visiting her parents. They live near Guimaraes, where we stayed this last trip about 9 months ago. Guimaraes is more of a small to medium city, kind of like comparing Boulder to Denver in Colorado. Or say Buffalo and NYC? It’s more medeival and beautiful. If you want any tips that your wife cannot provide just let me know. We were supposed to fly to the Azores to meet her sister and cousin in a couple months but we ran out of scheduling time and money due to some other things like passports. But yes. Beizinhos 😀

dom
    Participant

There was a Regardie bio, the Sister one I think. A concept that turned up there was that a child inherits it’s parent’s psychological issue. Metaphorically speaking the parent’s unconscious trash can just gets loaded into the child’s own unconscious trash can.

mayet
    Participant

@hermitas Well, I really mean just magick… that it really exists at all. She’s already asking about making wishes and why you don’t tell people what you wish for, and I’m inclined to start answering her questions from an informed standpoint. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience and recommendations.

I can only speak from a Wiccan and female perspective. Teach her the threefold wish. I think personally to teach that philosophy, an universal fabric to a child should come as soon as they ask questions about wishes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_Three_(Wicca)
    Then possibly introduce her to the greek myths, Egyptian, Fae Folk. You will then be chasing her to teach her, she will choose her own pathways of magick.

Answer her questions with honesty. if you don’t know the answer, search for it with her and learn it with her. Teach her to feel her world around her, so she learns the energy of our world before teaching her how to change that world with Magick

@shiva m: Is it your nature to be condescending to all who are different from you Dom?
    No. He applies it equally to all, regardless of race, gender, religion (or not), national origin, grade level, disability, or tax status.
    The big problem is that “condescending” has also been applied to me, who can get cocky sometimes too.

*grins… well I certainly have certainty, that you would are more prepared of the two to look at that one even let alone pop it on the scales. I will accept, respect and acknowledge your “cocky” in exchange for my condescendingness.

@christibrany @mayet, are you the entity formerly known as Pegasus who was kicked out? Just curious.
    Ouch “the entity” that sounds harsh and dehumanized lol…… kicked out? evicted darling evicted…
    Still known as Pegasus when I fly but one has to hit the ground sometime.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  mayet.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.