Home Forums Thelema Thelema What of the children of Thelemites?

• This topic contains 94 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 months, 2 weeks ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author

ignant666
    Participant

Absolutely agree that music is a major source of spiritual/mystical/magick training, and certainly for turning off the brain, getting to what the Stooges called “The Real O-Mind”.

But the boy already had piano lessons, and then guitar lessons, and then ongoing teen-bandcamp stuff since starting high school, so that’s already going on. He plays for hours every day.

I don’t think yoga is too much for the young. I was very into yoga in high school. The Integral Yoga Institute’s international headwaters was in the same town as the high school i went to, and they gave classes at my school. But then at the time, i was a great big hippie into any occult, mystical, or spiritual thing i could find.

My son seems to have little interest in physical activity other than riding his bike and some epee fencing. As i mentioned, kids these days don’t really get into fights much, so he does not have the motivation i had in learning some martial arts stuff: avoiding getting my ass kicked when my loud mouth got me in trouble.

dom
    Participant

@ignant

david: Huh? The boy has never had anything except utter indifference to spiritual/religious/occult matters since he learned to read; he did love the myths when we still read to him.

Actually I think he was off to watch that guy’s videos for a laugh as follows;

It was Reply #101810 https://www.lashtal.com/forums/topic/your-best-magical-success-stories/ page 6

Thanx, david!
    [But, seriously folks… What a horse’s ass! I may be a partisan of “Gullible Thelema”, but not that gullible. This guy has a lot of videos. My atheist teenage son, who thinks religion is really funny, is off to watch them all.]

I like the idea of a chore chart for kids and also encouraging them to get some type of part-time employment as soon as. American kidss apparently used to sell grit door to door for example.

If I had a young son I would encourage him to stop to talk with me to homeless beggars in the city…regularly ..maybe bring them an apple regularly and listen to their stories, where they are from, what job they used to do.

I’d also give him advice on women…. always state your honest intentions and don’t talk shit to them. If they’re not interested…move on.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  dom.

ignant666
    Participant

Aha, had forgotten those videos!

He started working when he turned 14, as soon as he was legally allowed to. He also has various household chores: cutting the lawn, shoveling snow, cooking dinner sometimes.

Since he works at our town’s public library, he knows all the homeless/semi-homeless people in town, since they hang out there. He also volunteers serving food at the local soup-kitchen/bum-feed. He was very emotionally affected by seeing a kid from his high school eating there with his family last Thanksgiving, so probably turning into some kind of commie like dad.

As to women, he seems very well-known to all young women in our town. I don’t think he’s the sort of person who could get any fun out of making someone else uncomfortable.

dom
    Participant

@ignant

you got thre before me. That’s good.

Anonymous

Should this new interest be sustained, i will recommend he start with martial arts and yoga, and lots of reading. The same thing i would tell anyone interested in “this stuff”.

AC does not discuss martial arts because they did not really exist in the western mind yet in his day, but they are a good, or perhaps even the best, starting point i think. There is nothing like getting smacked in the jaw to get you to stop thinking.

It’s funny how the universe finds our teachers for us… mine was a 4th dan, tai kwon do (international) we swapped an illicit affair for him, intensive learning and training for me… we trained for hours every day and I went to his classes 4 nights a week as well.. I never graded once.. I knew all the katas and he trained me far advanced from any of his other students… and as a bonus (this is australia we dont do guns) he was a hunter .. so one day a week at the pistol club range and weekends hunting dear and critters on the mountains… upwind downwind, following spores, then hours of stillness and silence watching and waiting.. well cept the duck I blew apart with the lever action 30/30 ..I got a feather out of that.. the poor duck was diced…

Then I trained under another master bernie korent I just googled him and he is involved in Krav Maga now by looks like…
    https://www.facebook.com/378143830624/posts/general-choi-in-brisbane-australia-with-my-friend-gm-bernie-korent-in-background/10154648523825625/ but back then he was a master of choi kwang do and he had just started his own “Han Soo Do” the way of water which I loved.. using your opponent against himself… *sigh I should train again… but I need to teleport him up here to me lol

@shiva In 2004, I asked sensei (teacher), “Have you ever had time slow down?”

“Sure,” he replied … “When you get hit.”

Interesting perspective.. something that I often think about… our lessons on the pathway… being hit is a fear with many… especially women who are naturally softer and gentler than our male counterparts…… I fear no one … maybe that’s a dangerous thought pattern but ariesman was quite liberal with his fists and feet… he was huge.. Im little .. and by gosh there was a part of him that tried to break me… 8 years of marriage, 28 broken noses 56 black eyes 2 fractured skulls & all ribs broken multiple times…. it was painful BUT .. as far as lessons go they do say there is nothing that beats learning by experience..
    old wedding day pic

I learned to take a hit, get up and get on with it… after being beaten as you could guess by the numbers, regularly by the scariest “self proclaimed beast reincarnation” …as a result I fear no one.. and I certainly am not afraid of being hit… the universe made sure of that one… bruises heal…and the body goes numb anyway giving you time to yoga before stiff and sore sets in… but emotional psychological abuse… different matter, that’s where strength comes into play…

@christilibrany Definitely wouldn’t start a kid out with yoga personally. At least the real kind; too much concentration. Martial arts or music…

in my opinion at this stage of development, the yoga is the key base ingredient… I have always found myself doing a form of yoga that has no name..it’s a dance, it’s yoga, it’s pilates, its tai chi…. I just call it temple exercises.. to me it’s a genetic memory …and it is a integral part of self and learning.. getting the ki (qi) flowing… I use it daily when I get up to greet the sun… it opens up key parts of self… and assists healing, well no that’s not quite right… It negates the need to heal to a large extent because it creates your body suppleness and allows the right energy flows…

@dom I like the idea of a chore chart for kids and also encouraging them to get some type of part-time employment as soon as. American kidss apparently used to sell grit door to door for example.

oh to a perfect world where parenthood falls in line so effortlessly and smoothly…

If I had a young son I would encourage him to stop to talk with me to homeless beggars in the city…regularly ..maybe bring them an apple regularly and listen to their stories, where they are from, what job they used to do.

My kids actually find that is a negative trait of mine… my own observations like I would think you have found…. https://www.facebook.com/notes/10150201197252527/ .. I often reread what I wrote as I find it has bearing on everything at each stage…

I’d also give him advice on women…. always state your honest intentions and don’t talk shit to them. If they’re not interested…move on.

My own advice would be stay single… but if you wanted to pair up wait for that magnetic attraction… take a walk on the wild side..

A similar Fire flashingly extending through the rushings of Air, or a Fire formless whence cometh the Image of a voice, or even a flashing Light abounding, revolving, whirling forth, crying aloud. Also there is the vision of the fire-flashing Courser of Light, or also a Child, borne aloft on the shoulders of the Celestial Steed, fiery, or clothed with gold, or naked, or shooting with the bow shafts or light, and standing on the shoulders of the horse, then if thy meditation prolongeth itself, thou shalt unite all these symbols into the form of a Lion

as a footnote I think I have done this backwards… Im all fine with the lion in the mirror … but still working on the rest… and no voices.. even my lion is beautiful but silent… so regal and knowing more about me than I do about anything… but matters not the journey is awesome even if I don’t get any further firey

dom
    Participant

@mayet what do you mean by you would encourage your kid to go to “the wild side”?

You were married to a wife beater? Sounds like Hell. When did you wake up and get out?

Tiger
    Participant

@mayet
    Congratulations on overcoming learned helplessness BWS.
    What a feat !

Anonymous

[Moderator’s Note: Content deleted at request of original poster…]

dom
    Participant

@mayet I looked at the part of your very long post addressed to me but I didn’t see an answer to my question.

No matter.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  dom.

Tiger
    Participant

What dom is saying here is that
    he looked at the part of your very long post addressed to me

“ but “

he didn’t see an answer to my question.

“ but “

and so on

Tiger
    Participant

in reference to
    his “progress in Jugorum in e.g. razoring my forearm every time I say, “but” “

dom
    Participant

Tiger’s alleged Joke:

in reference to
    his “progress in Jugorum in e.g. razoring my forearm every time I say, “but”

Mass response to Tiger’s alleged joke:

Tiger
    Participant

🙂

Anonymous

*facepalm… @dom

the answers to both your questions are there .. but something in your being, makeup, learning, history, or the lot put together does not want to see it or can’t see it… or perhaps isn’t ready to see it…. some things I will ponder on
    ps 3 edits on one short sentence DOM?

short sharp shock

so I will simplify my answer and ask @lashtal nicely to please delete my last comment because questions I have, I will create new threads for 🙂

Dom I’d also give him advice on women…. always state your honest intentions and don’t talk shit to them. If they’re not interested …move on.
    Mayet My own advice would be stay single… but if you wanted to pair up wait for that magnetic attraction… take a walk on the wild side..
    Dom what do you mean by you would encourage your kid to go to “the wild side”?

to highlight but if you wanted to pair up wait for that magnetic attraction… take a walk on the wild side..
    makes sense to me but for you, in engrish….. if there is magnetic attraction there is no “not interested” maybe.. just maybe it’s called lust 😀 …taking a walk on the wild side

next

dom You were married to a wife beater? Sounds like Hell. When did you wake up and get out?

I have questions for you/ … how do you define a wife beater? do you know what gaslighting is? do you know how it would affect a person and the effect it would have on a victim? have you studied the cycle of violence? have you heard/learnt the term “walking on eggshell”s? do you understand that words can be just as violent/potentially fatal on the soul/being as physical violence on the body? do you understand that they both beat/crush life?

….please use google liberally it’s much easier and much less painless than learning by experience…

ps life can be hell… life can be heaven ….. life – existence …. is one the same as the other

dom
    Participant

@mayet

if there is magnetic attraction there is no “not interested” maybe.. just maybe it’s called lust …taking a walk on the wild side

Thanks I had difficulty understanding your point first time around.

It’s ok don’t answer You were married to a wife beater? Sounds like Hell. When did you wake up and get out? if you don’t want to.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.