Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Falcon
    Participant

I have just read an interesting article ‘Who Cursed Graham Bond?’ by Gareth J. Medway in ‘Man, Myth and Manchester’ underground magazine series 1 issue No. 7 (published by the British Psychic and Occult Society:  President – David Farrant) that interviews John Pope (‘Dr Jack’ de Locksley) who boasts that his “voodoo curse” had worked on the famous pop singer and admirer of Aleister Crowey , Graham Bond (who died under an Underground train on May 8th, 1974), and that Sean Manchester posted the voodoo dolls on behalf of Mr Pope. During the 1970’s and 1980’s Mr Pope was regularly featured in the tabloid newspapers as proclaiming himself to be ‘The Son of the Beast 666’ and ‘The Greatest Magician since Aleister Crowley’.

http://www.davidfarrant.org

John Pope’s website:

http://www.londonhorrortours.co.uk

Sean Manchester’s version of events:

http://www.friendsofbishopseanmanchester.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/blood-bond.html

‘Love is the Law’ album by Graham Bond:

Falcon
    Participant

Apologies to The Master Therion, I spelt His name wrongly above, missing out the L from Crowley! And the modification time had run out.

William Thirteen
    Participant

fascinating.  has anyone read

the posthumous biography (of Graham Bond) The Mighty Shadow, written by Harry Shapiro

???

Falcon
    Participant
    "WilliamThirteen" wrote:
    fascinating.  has anyone read

the posthumous biography (of Graham Bond) The Mighty Shadow, written by Harry Shapiro

Yes I agree. I have ordered the book from Amazon so it may throw some further light on the various claims. I have heard David Farrant speak at a London meeting on the ‘Highgate Vampire’ case and have several of his books, including his fascinating two part autobiography.

???

Falcon
    Participant

Video of David Farrant performing rituals on French television (1985):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUcp1GvuVho

Video of John Pope talking about Jack the Ripper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8VjiBM_K-I

DavidFarrant
    Participant

“I have just read an interesting article ‘Who Cursed Graham Bond?’ by Gareth J. Medway in ‘Man, Myth and Manchester’ underground magazine series 1 issue No. 7 (published by the British Psychic and Occult Society:  President – David Farrant) that interviews John Pope (‘Dr Jack’ de Locksley) who boasts that his “voodoo curse” had worked on the famous pop singer and admirer of Aleister Crowey , Graham Bond (who died under an Underground train on May 8th, 1974), and that Sean Manchester posted the voodoo dolls on behalf of Mr Pope.” [Falcon]

Firstly, Falcon, “Man, Myth and Manchester” was not an ‘underground publication’.  This series of booklets was published from issues 1 – 9, and each edition has an official ISBN and was submitted to the five major Universities Libraries in the UK as required by law.

The witness you mentioned, John Pope, gave evidence in a libel case I had against the Daily Express newspaper in 1979, that he was indeed approached by one Mr Sean Manchester and asked to post two voodoo effigies (that Mr Manchester had brought with him when he visited Pope) to the late pop/blues singer Long John Baldry.  Pope refused,  and so Mr Manchester said he would post these himself instead.  John Pope did not take much notice of this, but it is a fact that Long John Baldry received  one of these effigies of himself a few days later, apparently ‘signed’ by myself.  The other one was apparently received by Baldry’s friend, Gratham Bond who tragically died only weeks later under the wheels of an underground train at Finsbury Park tube station.

It remains a fact that Manchester and Pope were both acquaintances having first met in 1973, and that Mr Manchester involved him (John Pope) in several of his publicity stunts (one of these being exposed by the “Sunday People” on October 9th 1979.  At least, his ‘planned publicity stunts’; as this one seemed to result in tragic circumstances.

David Farrant, President,
    British Psychic and Occult Society.

Falcon
    Participant
    "DavidFarrant" wrote:
    “I have just read an interesting article ‘Who Cursed Graham Bond?’ by Gareth J. Medway in ‘Man, Myth and Manchester’ underground magazine series 1 issue No. 7 (published by the British Psychic and Occult Society:  President – David Farrant) that interviews John Pope (‘Dr Jack’ de Locksley) who boasts that his “voodoo curse” had worked on the famous pop singer and admirer of Aleister Crowey , Graham Bond (who died under an Underground train on May 8th, 1974), and that Sean Manchester posted the voodoo dolls on behalf of Mr Pope.” [Falcon]

Firstly, Falcon, “Man, Myth and Manchester” was not an ‘underground publication’.  This series of booklets was published from issues 1 – 9, and each edition has an official ISBN and was submitted to the five major Universities Libraries in the UK as required by law.

The witness you mentioned, John Pope, gave evidence in a libel case I had against the Daily Express newspaper in 1979, that he was indeed approached by one Mr Sean Manchester and asked to post two voodoo effigies (that Mr Manchester had brought with him when he visited Pope) to the late pop/blues singer Long John Baldry.  Pope refused,  and so Mr Manchester said he would post these himself instead.  John Pope did not take much notice of this, but it is a fact that Long John Baldry received  one of these effigies of himself a few days later, apparently ‘signed’ by myself.  The other one was apparently received by Baldry’s friend, Gratham Bond who tragically died only weeks later under the wheels of an underground train at Finsbury Park tube station.

It remains a fact that Manchester and Pope were both acquaintances having first met in 1973, and that Mr Manchester involved him (John Pope) in several of his publicity stunts (one of these being exposed by the “Sunday People” on October 9th 1979.  At least, his ‘planned publicity stunts’; as this one seemed to result in tragic circumstances.

David Farrant, President,
    British Psychic and Occult Society.

Thanks for clarifying things David.

Welcome to the forum.

Falcon
    Participant

Sean Manchester titles himself as a Bishop of the Ordo Sancti Graal, and yet he was laicised from the Old Catholic Church by the late Bishop Illytd Thomas.

These days Mr Manchester is a Christian Crusader against Occultism, in particular being very hostile to Crowley and Thelema.

Yet here is a photograph of him in former days dressed in Occult robes, charging a blade for a ritual. (His wife Sarah used to be a member of an Occult order known as the Ordo Astrum Serpentis, based in south London). Mr Manchester was fined £200 for threatening Mrs Gillian Bradish with black magic over the phone, as reported in the Daily Mirror on 5th November 1970:

http://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/borisdocument.pdf

Falcon
    Participant
    "DavidFarrant" wrote:

It remains a fact that Manchester and Pope were both acquaintances having first met in 1973, and that Mr Manchester involved him (John Pope) in several of his publicity stunts (one of these being exposed by the “Sunday People” on October 9th 1979. 

Ah yes, that’s right the infamous “We Unmask Phoney Nazis” article in the “Sunday People”. It was actually 1977 not 1979 though.

William Thirteen
    Participant

black magic over the phone

does it cost extra to get this feature added to my telephone service?

jamie barter
    Participant
    "WilliamThirteen" wrote:

I think it comes as part of a Broadband package from one of the big suppliers – (Ceremonial) Virgin, possibly? – wasn’t there some special rate a little while back with their Voodoo ”All-in-One” offer?

Norma N Joy Conquest

Falcon
    Participant
    "WilliamThirteen" wrote:

haha. Yes, very good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.