August 5, 2017 at 4:01 am #100231
I’ve come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective.
This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.
This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it’s something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.
Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:
● Other Dimensions – Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm
● The Soul – It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.
● Microcosmic worlds – This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.
● Supernatural Abilities – In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilities that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.
● The 3rd Eye – Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.
● Thoughts – This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it’s like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is ‘he’ who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.
These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.
If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:August 17, 2017 at 11:33 pm #100558
This sounds like a great read, thanks for the download.April 16, 2019 at 8:42 am #112387
You’re welcome. A an updated version of the book has been uploaded with a better translation from the original Chinese language. You can download it here:April 16, 2019 at 9:18 pm #112405
Robert do you care to add how you think Zhuan Falun relates to Thelema personally?
Also how is the meaning of the term different than Falun Gong?April 16, 2019 at 11:49 pm #112407
The book looks interesting; thanks for providing it.April 17, 2019 at 3:09 am #112408
This is falun gong and it isn’t actually buddhist (or Thelemic > Magick). Outlawed in china for both being religious and supposedly having initiates try to cut serpent demons out of their bellies. Anyone known by the authorities to become falun gong gets disappeared and is never heard from again. If Thelema was ever a force to be reckoned with the same would happen to us. Keep silent.
April 17, 2019 at 4:32 am #112417
- This reply was modified 4 days, 14 hours ago by runelogix.
You’re welcome Soz, I hope you find it insightful.
Christi, Falun Dafa can be translated into English as ‘Law Wheel Great Way’ and Falun Gong is ‘Law Wheel Energy’. It is a high level inner cultivation practice that has very ancient origins, this is spoken in the section of the book entitled ‘Energy Practices Predate History’:
Although Falun Dafa isn’t connected to Thelema in any particular way they also believe that the universe has a multifarious number of beings,gods and goddesses. It also subscribes to the theory that the universe is multidimensional in nature and the true goal of life is to transcend this world and return to the dimension one was created in, awaken one’s supernatural abilities and once again become divine.
Runelogix, the snake in the belly rumor is pure lies from the Chinese Communist Government.
There is currently a massive propaganda campaign against Falun Dafa by the Chinese Communist Party. This propaganda also has it’s tentacles in many Western countries including newspapers and certain bought and paid for news organizations. They even have an ‘Internet Water Army’ designed to spread propaganda about Falun Dafa across the web:
You’re absolutely right about the persecution though. The Chinese Communist Party is still persecuting these good people by sending them to concentration camps, torturing them and harvesting there organs for sale on the black market, these operations are performed while the victim is till alive. An evil like this hasn’t been seen like this before:April 17, 2019 at 6:58 am #112419
R.C: Falun Gong is ‘Law Wheel Energy’.
If this is the same Gong as in
- Chi Gong
- Kung Fu
in Cantonese), it means discipline, practice, training (over a long period of time). I guess I won’t know about Falun Gong compared to those other Gongs/Kungs without comparing the Chinese characters used. Anglization of Chinese chop-chop lingo results in many (translated to English) words that have several different meanings; it’s all in the inflection. Also, there are a minimum of 500 dialects in Chinese, and most cannot understand the others’ words – but the Characters (ideograms) are common to all dialects, so everybody can “get on the same page” by reading.April 17, 2019 at 7:10 am #112420
Yes, it’s the same meaning as Chi Gong. I should have said Falun Gong means ‘Law Wheel Energy Practice’.April 17, 2019 at 8:04 pm #112456
There is a book I like (caveat empor it has a somewhat spurious relationship to truth but who cares) but is called the Bodhisattva Warrior that compares esoteric Chinese traditions to Chinese martial arts. I’m not interested in those traditions myself but I thought I would mention it.April 17, 2019 at 8:13 pm #112457
If you are interested in learning non-spurious things about “esoteric Chinese traditions [and] Chinese martial arts”, and ask Fr. Shiva nicely (perhaps by starting a thread about this and asking him a couple intelligent questions), you might learn a lot.April 17, 2019 at 8:42 pm #112458
I know a bit about Korean daoist qi gong as well (practised 5 years hardcore daily) inner and outer. Now I only do the internal variety, if I can help I will try. I am not as experienced as Shiva but every bit counts, I say.
I also studied a lot of religion in college (focus on Buddhism and Daoism. Asian Studies major) and so yeah. Lot of useful resources around here.April 17, 2019 at 8:52 pm #112459
@ignat666 yeah I don’t really care about those sources but if you said esoteric Thai martial art traditions then you would have my full attention.
You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.