Notifications
Clear all

Section Missing from the New Comment-New Falcon 1996 Edition

Anonymous
Topic starter  

Thanks to the recent news item XUL SOLAR AND JORGE LUIS BORGES: THE ART OF FRIENDSHIP posted by Paul, I have noticed that a section of the commentary in 'The Law is for All' is missing in my version, which is of great interest to me. I have the New Falcon 1996 edition and the missing passage is:

"Mantras may be defined as sentences proper to concentration of the mind by virtue of their constant repetition. (See Book 4, Part I, Chapter II).

Spells are methods of communicating the will to other beings. (See Book 4, Part III).

The Obeah is the magick of the Secret Light with special reference to acts; the wanga is the verbal or mental correspondence of the same. The work of the wand is that of Union; of the sword, Division; these correspond to the two Phases of the Cosmic cycle described above. (See Book 4, Part II and III).

For the root OB (AVB = 9), see Appendix;{WEH NOTE: Appendix not yet recovered} it may be connected with the word "Obey".

The "obeah" being the acts, and the "Wanga" the words, proper to Magick, the two cover the whole world of external expression.

"The Equinox" and "Book 4" are full of instruction on all these matters in great detail, and the student must make them his guide.

But I feel bound to observe that they must be studied merely as classics, just as a musician studies Bach and Others. He cannot compose by copying or combining their works; they serve him only as indications of the art of expression. He must master the technique, theory and practice, of music, til the general principles are absorbed, and he has command of the language, to use it to express his Will.

So with Magick; the student must understand and assimilate the basic propositions, and he must be expert in the drill of the practical details.

But that is merely ground-work: he must then conceive his own expression, and execute it in his own style".

Does anyone know why this is not included in the 1996 edition and is there a complete version available in book format rather than online?

Thank you in advance if anyone can help.

Magmus

Anonymous
Topic starter  

The section that is missing is the first part of the commentary for Chapter 1, Verse 37. The rest of the commentary for this verse appears on pages 39-41 of the 1996 New Falcon edition of 'The Law is for All'.

Magmus

ReplyQuote
Share: