Cakes of Light
The Cakes of Light contain meal, honey, and oil for their base. The meal contains carbohydrates, oil for fats, and honey for proteins. Carbs, oils, and fats are macronutrients which are essential to living organisms. The Cakes of Light also have for their symbolism the five elements: meal (Prithivi, Earth), honey (Vayu, Air), olive oil (Apas, Water), Oil of Abramelin (Tejas, Fire), and conditioner (Akasha, Spirit). The Cake of Light can be identified with the Sun. On the Tree of Life, Tiphareth is the sixth Sephiroth and lies on the Middle Pillar.
Cakes of Light Recipe from The Book of the Law
- For perfume mix meal & honey & thick leavings of red wine: then oil of Abramelin and olive oil, and afterward soften & smooth down with rich fresh blood. (AL III:23)
- The best blood is of the moon, monthly: then the fresh blood of a child, or dropping from the host of heaven: then of enemies; then of the priest or of the worshippers: last of some beast, no matter what. (AL III:24)
- This burn: of this make cakes & eat unto me. This hath also another use; let it be laid before me, and kept thick with perfumes of your orison: it shall become full of beetles as it were and creeping things sacred unto me. (AL III:25)
How to Make Wine Leavings
- One gallon carboy or thick glass jug
- Cork or stopper for jug
- Fermentation lock for jug
- 1 pkg wine yeast (available from brew supply store)
- 3 quarts 100% purple grape juice (2 cans frozen concentrate with water)
- 1 teaspoon vodka
Place juice into glass jug and allow it to reach room temperature. Pour yeast into jug. Cork jug and shake to mix well. Place 1 teaspoon of vodka into fermentation lock and add water to fill fermentation lock about half full. Place fermentation lock on jug. Keep jug out of direct sun at room temperature and let set about 3 weeks. Within 24-48 hours it should start to produce gas that will be let off through the fermentation lock. When it is producing minimal gas, 1-2 bubbles per minute, it is ready. Gently pour off most of the liquid and discard, leaving 1-2 cups of liquid. Swirl jug and mix the leavings in the bottom of the jug with the liquid. Pour this into a mason jar and refrigerate for use in cakes of light. You may pour off more liquid later after the leavings have settled. This will keep for a long time in the refrigerator.
- Notes on Hygiene and the Mass From the Thelema Lodge Calendar for January 1991 e.v.
- This page was originally sourced from Thelemapedia. Retrieved May 2009.