Portal:Aleister Crowley Timeline/On this Day/April
From Encyclopedia ThelemicaJump to navigationJump to search
These are the selected On this Day for April that appear on the Aleister Crowley Timeline portal. The "edit" links edit the portal subpages that are displayed as sections here.
- 1906 - "A.'. poor - sleepy."
- 1906 - "A.'. again poor."
- 1907 - Messes about with chemicals all day.
- 1906 - "Foolishly and wickedly" puts off A.'. work all day. Plays cards, winning. Speaks, out of courtesy.
- 1907 - Neuburg visits.
- 1906 - "A.'. vocalized, goodish." Malaria attacks.
- 1907 - Tankerville visits.
- 1907 - Designs a game The Awkward Squad. Goes to Croydon meeting Claude. Meets three hunchbacks during the day.
- 1906 - Tiffin and tea with W.S. Dinner with German postmaster. Poker. "A.'. nevertheless pretty good." Considers renouncing idle things.
- 1907 - Rose makes the "usual scene“.
- 1898 - He meets Oscar Eckenstein at Wastdale Head during Easter week (10-16 April). (Confessions, Chapter 76, p. 760)
- 1906 - "A.'. no good."
- 1934 - The Black Magic Libel Case in London. Crowley v Constable & Co; Crowley asserts Nina Hamnett libeled him based on passages in her book Laughing Torso claiming he practiced “black magic”.
- 1906 - "A.'. better." Writes to Rose, lying about Elain Simpson.
- 1907 - Gray visits, a well advanced student. Gives him Fuller’s drawings and Sword of Song. Rose quite decent.
- 1894 - He plays against the famous English master Joseph Blackburne who is visiting Eastbourne College. Blackburne proposes a draw and he accepts.
- 1906 - Tarot for Elaine Simpson. "A.'. sleepy - in fact dropped off."
- 1906 - "A.'. mediocre. 'The Operation of Abramelin being due to commence on Easter Sunday, me thinks it would be well to make a certain profound conjuration of Augoeides on that day wih a view to acquire a proper knowledge of the Method of the Great Retirement. The Augoeides should be definitely invoked for this purpose with all possible ceremony. Is it not written: "Unto whosoever shall draw nigh unto Me will I draw nigh?" And, as I have proved, the help of the Augoeides is already given as if the Operation were successfully brought to en end. Only can this right be forfeited by slackness toward the obligation? From this, then, O Holy Exalted One, preserve me!"
- 1907 - Watches Rose and Gretel scold.
- 1906 - "A.'. rather better."
- 1906 - "A.'. above average."
- 1904 - At the request of Mathers, AC attempts to seize the Vault of the Adepts and the property of Isis-Urania that was housed at 36 Blythe Road. With the lease not being in his name he had no legal right to any of the property and left without anything. William Butler Yeats writes of it, "...(Mathers) sent a mad man- whom we refused to initiate- to take possession of the rooms and papers of the Society. ..." Yeats continues, "The envoy is really Crowley, a quite unspeakable person. He is I believe seeking vengeance for us not initiating him......Mathers like all despots must have a favourite and this is the lad."
- 1906 - "Aleister and Elaine kiss." Yi King from Club, puzzling. "A.'. about the same"
- 1906 - Studies Liber Legis and decides to ask Elaine Simpson to invoke Aiwass, or converse with him when invoked. "A.'. much better."
- 1906 - Does a Tarot for Mr.Volker. Elain Simpson is unwell, Aiwass operation therefore postponed. "A.'. fair."
- 1906 - "A.'.I.'. with A. (Elaine Simpson) in her temple." Aiwass is invoked. The full diary entry can be found in the Confessions, where AC calls Elaine Simpson F. instead of A. http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/confess/chapter58.html
- 1906 - Another Aiwass Operation with Elaine Simpson. Full text again in the Confessions, http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/confess/chapter58.html
- 1906 - He feels sick and stays in bed all day.
- 1906 - Arrives at Kobe. Writes to Rose, "of course utterly concealing both A.'. and A. (Elaine Simpson)" Considers the help of Aiwass for the Augoeides Operations. "A.'. fair only." Does Astral Travel.
- 1941 - Writes a letter to Lady Frieda Harris and speaks of, among other things, his desire for a new Abbey, "The ultimate aim is to have quite populous Abbeys,with every type of talent represented, so that there will be a body of capable and intelligent people to rule the herd, and save the useful elements in our past civilization from being swamped by it. At that stage the difficulty will be to find people for Lord Abbot ....."
- 1906 - Analyzing yesterday's vision he states: "Yesterday's vision a real illumination, since it showed me an obvious mistake which I had utterly failed to see. The word in my Kamma-Work (in Burma) was Augoeides, and the method Invoking Often. Therefore a self-glittering One, whether my conscience approves or not, is to be my guide. I am to invoke often, not to criticize." Leaves Kobe. "A.'. fair to good."
- 1902 - Leaves Sringar to commence climb of Chogo Ri (K2) in the Himalayas. Second in command of the expedition. Bad weather prevents the party from attaining the summit, but sets record for length of time spent on a glacier.
- 1906 - "A.'. poor."
- 1906 - "A.'. The same thing happens every time. The mechanical part of the I.'. is kept too easily; but I fall instantly into a dull reverie or even slumber."
- 1906 - "A.'. exactly the same as yesterday." Thinks of Aiwass and the repeated 'Go to Egypt!' "The one really important thing is the fundamental hypothesis - I am the Chosen One." "A.'.I.'. repeated. Very good and lucid."