Portal:Aleister Crowley Timeline/On this Day/March
From Encyclopedia ThelemicaJump to navigationJump to search
These are the selected On this Day for March that appear on the Aleister Crowley Timeline portal. The "edit" links edit the portal subpages that are displayed as sections here.
- 1906 - "A.'. penitent and fair", later "good". Decides for a new Pentagram Ritual before and after.
- 1907 - Plays golf.
- 1907 - "New A.'. very difficult (walking on cobbles)"
- 1894 - He leads the club to its first victory against Uckfield, which culminates in his first ever published limerick, commencing with "There was a smart chess club at Eastbourne..."
- 1907 - "A.'. difficult."
- 1906 - "A.'. difficult."
- 1906 - "A.'. better but not good."
- 1906 - "A.'. better."
- 1906 - "A.'. still better."
- 1907 - Begins V.I.T.R.I.O.L. Golf with Sunny Jim. Writes to Jones, asks for permission to do a Vow of Silence and to appoint a period.
- 1906 - "A.'. really very good. ditto in P.M."
- 1907 - Sculpting continues.
- 1906 - "A.'. very poor."
- 1907 - Begins Vow of Refusing to Answer Questions. Jones said 7 days. A slip is punished with razor-cuts. Rose is very angry.
- 1906 - "A.'. good considering (horseback)".
- 1906 - "A.'. poor (evil thoughts)"
- 1906 - "A.'. unconcentrated."
- 1907 - Takes Anhalonium Lewinii. Magical rituals. Tarot. Physical condition excellent, mental depressed, magical exalted near Samadhi. 7 slips in the practice.
- 1906 - "A.'. literally against my own will. Beneath contempt."
- 1907 - Buckmasters are visiting. Sculpting continues. Rose makes a scene. Fucks her and sleeps like a dog.
- 1904 - AC and Rose move into a flat in Cairo. (NB: His Confessions, Ch. 49, has this date as Wednesday, March 16 that he and Ouarda moved into an apartment with an unascertained address.) It is here where he registers under the Persian name of Chioa Khan, being the Hebrew for Beast.
- 1906 - "A.'. still very bad."
- 1941 - Writes a letter to Lady Frieda Harris that begins, "I saw [[Clark] yesterday, and told him not to tell you that I had told him what you told me that you had told him not to tell me to tell you that he told me not to tell you to tell me to tell you not to tell him. This (I trust) makes everything perfectly clear..."
- 1942 - Writes a letter to Karl Germer, exerpted here: "I shall appoint you my successor as P.H.O. but on special terms. It is quite clear to me that a complete change in the structure of the Order, and its methods are necessary. The Secret is the basis, and you must select the proper people (you can take outisders; but everyone who has anything to do with us at all must make a formal acceptance of AL, and a formal renunciation of ideas denounced in AL. 49-58, Cap. III). Then comes the New Social Order, on the lines laid down in the books LII. CI, CLXI, and CXCIV and some in Eqx. III, 2. this voume is not under my hand at the moment). The broad base of public association is the Gnostic Mass. I hope, before I die, to get this put on en grande terme by trained screen artists, so as to have a "sealed pattern" for future reference. The other rituals will have to tail along as best they can. I feel doubtful whether the time will ever return when there is either need to use such methods or leisure to cultivate them. Of course, the minor secrets in them have their special magical value, so that they will always maintain a certain use to certain types of mind. Also the actual magical effect on the candidate may be of the greatest value to him, and the training and discipline are always useful. But as means of propoganda they are absurdly slow, cumbersome and clumsy; the secrecy part of it is purely comic as long as there are any Gerald Yorkes in the world."
- 1902 - To Delhi (The Temple of Solomon the King in Equinox I Vol 4 has the dates as "On the 16 P. left Agra and went to Delhi...")
- 1906 - "A.'. still poor."
- 1904 - Performs the Preliminary Invocation of The Goetia in a futile attempt to amuse Rose with the sylphs. She could not see them. Instead, Rose, in a strange state of mind, began repeating, "They are waiting for you."
- 1906 - "A.'. a shade better."
- 1907 - Cambridge wins the boat race. 7 slips in the practice, 72 in all. End of the Vow. Letter from Jones.
- 1904 - Attempted to show Rose the sylphs again with mirrored results. Rose entered into the same state and began repeating her remarks and adding, "It's all about the child" and "All Osiris."
- 1904 - Invokes Thoth via Liber Israfel to find out if there was any reasoning behind the rantings of Rose. At the time of writing his autohagiography he failed to resurrect any memories of success, however his diary records, "Thoth, invoked with great success, indwells us."
- 1906 - On boat. "A.'. slowly improving."
- 1904 - The Thoth Invocation was possibly repeated as his record has this entry, "Revealed that the waiter was Horus, whom I had offended and ought to invoke."
- 1904 - Ouarda instructs AC on how to invoke Horus. AC was unimpressed and thought the instructions to be "rubbish."
- 1906 - "A.'. (nearly forgotten) rather good."
- 1904 - Writes down and performs the Invocation of Horus. There was little success and he mentioned that he hated to do it at noon in robes in front of an open window that viewed the street. His request (to Ouarda) to make a second attempt at midnight was granted.
- 1906 - On the train. "A.'. mediocre".
- 1904 - Invocation of Horus with "startling" success. He was told that, "The Equinox of the Gods had come" and that he was to formulate a link between the solar-spiritual force of the new epoch and mankind.
- 1906 - Arrived at Hai Phong, China. "A.'. a bit better."
- 1902 - Types essay all day.
- 1906 - "A.'. about the same."
- 1906 - On boat. "A.'. bad (sleepy - seasick)"
- 1902 - Enters train to Rawal Pindi, Pakistan (The Temple of Solomon the King in Equinox I Vol 4 has the dates as "..on the 23 he (Perdurabo) was joined by D.A., and these two with their companions on the following day journeyed to Rawal Pindi.." They then traveled together for the next five months in and around the districts of Baltistan.
- 1906 - "A.'. better." Shocking and terrible nightmare.
- 1907 - Packing and moving.
- 1906 - "A.'. again a shade better."
- 1907 - Moving in.
- 1943 - Writes a letter to Edward Bryant from his 93 Jermyn Street S.W.1 address. AC is attempting to arrange a meeting with Edward and suggests possible times for doing so.
- 1906 - "A.'. still good."
- 1906 - On boat. "A.'. poor (heavy sea)".
- 1906 - "A.'. poor again (heavy sea)".
- 1941 - Writes a letter to Lady Frieda Harris from Barton Brow, Great Hill Road, Torquay saying of the location, "This place seems ideal to me as the first nucleus of an Abbey; it's ever so far from nowhere. ..." He goes on to say, "I hope you are going strong again - I do want to see the Princes, A.C., 4 D."
- 1906 - "A.'. fairly good."