Portal:Aleister Crowley Timeline/On this Day/November
From Encyclopedia ThelemicaJump to navigationJump to search
These are the selected On this Day for November that appear on the Aleister Crowley Timeline portal. The "edit" links edit the portal subpages that are displayed as sections here.
- 1914 - Magus Attainment Begins. The first part of the Initiation to the Grade of Magus consisted of 13 Chokmah days that began this date to June 9, 1917.
- 1928 - Diary entry has Marie Therese de Miramar "A creole Cuban - born in Nicaragua to change the luck".
- 1911 - Writes to W. Dawson Sadler from The Bell Inn, Buckinghamshire. This is a letter mostly consisting of replies by AC to questions posed by Sadler. He remarks of William Sterling's The Canon that, "I have always thought it was the most valuable book published, from the historical point of view."
- 1911 - Mary d'Este Sturges (Soror Virakam), his new Scarlet Woman, as the Seer, began a series of dialogs that allowed Ab-Ul-Diz to speak to Crowley through her. These dialogs ended on December 19, 1911. The first message given by Ab-Ul-Diz to Frater Perdurabo was, "Here is a book to be given to Fra. P. The name of the book is Aba, and its number IV." These workings culminated in the writing of Book IV.
- 1907 - Trouble with Rose.
- 1914 - Sells around $700-$800 worth of books to American Lawyer and famous book , manuscript and picture collector, John Quinn.
- 1907 - Trouble with Rose.
- 1907 - Meets Jones .
- 1898 - Pays 10 Shillings to be initiated into the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn; 0o=0∀ Neophyte at Mark Masons Hall in London; Takes motto Perdurabo.
- 1909 - Lands in Algiers with Victor Neuburg (In The Vision and the Voice with Commentary and other papers it has this date as November 17.)
- 1928 - Regarding de Miramar, "She is marvellous beyond words, but excites me too much, so that I cannot prolong. 'Lucrezia' my daughter!"
- 1943 - Writes to Anne Macky, Soror Fiat Yod, from his 93 Jermyn Street S.W.1 address; offering his sympathetic condolences after the loss of one of her friends remarking, "Every experience is a necessary step, and in accord with one's True Will, for it is oneself, and not another, that originally determined the conditions of this life."
- 1943 - Another letter to Anne Macky, Soror Fiat Yod, from his 93 Jermyn Street S.W.1 address. This one to confirm the receipt of her payment for copy number 20 of The Book of Thoth.
- 1944 - Writes to W. Dawson Sadler from The Bell Inn, Buckinghamshire. AC says that he, "just found 'comfortable winter quarters'" in "a place in the neighbourhood of Hastings."
- 1909 - 27th Aethyr 20:00-21:00 in Sidi Aissa and 26th Aethyr 13:10-14:00 near Sidi Aissa and 25th Aethyr 20:40-21:40 in Ain El Hajel.
- 1909 - 20th Aethyr 09:15-10:50 and 19th Aethyr 22:00-23:45.