Portal:Aleister Crowley Timeline/On this Day/September
From Encyclopedia ThelemicaJump to navigationJump to search
These are the selected On this Day for September that appear on the Aleister Crowley Timeline portal. The "edit" links edit the portal subpages that are displayed as sections here.
- 1901 - "Dharana on tip of nose. I obtained a clear understanding of the unreality of that nose. This persists. An hour later whilst breathing on my arm as I was asleep, I said to myself: "What is this hot breath from?" I was forced to think before I could answer "my nose." Then I pinched myself and remembered at once; but again breathing the same thing happed again. Therefore the "Dharanation" of my nose dividualizes Me and My Nose, affects my nose, disproves my nose, abolishes, annihilates and expunges my nose."
- 1914 - Magical Opus with Christine Rosalie Byrne, a Piccadilly prostitute, with the object being Knowledge of the Mysteries of the IX* and power to express the same.
- 1944 - Writes to W. Dawson Sadler from Bell Inn, Ashton Clinton in Buckinghamshire. A letter regarding the Thoth Tarot designs. AC also makes a mention of his current illness that, "over the week-end I was critically ill, I am still rather shaken."
- 1925 - Writes an Official letter of reply to Frater Achad from Weida, Germany. AC received a letter dated August 21 from Achad where he is "personally and publicly announcing my severance with that aspect of the A:.A:. represented by you." AC's reply accepted the resignation and entrusted Frater O.P.V. to maintain good relations of the order on the inter-rim of Achad appointing a replacement for his position in his Office as Grand Neophyte of the A:.A:. "I do not doubt that you will do all in your power to enable O.P.V. to establish commune with all those members of the A:.A:. whose relations with headquarters have hitherto depended on you, in order that the change of Officers consequent on your resignation may involve as little disturbance as possible in the Work of the Order." Signed To Mega Therion 666 9=2 A:.A:.
- 1920 - 10:00 pm: Completed his poem Song of the Holy Ghost which first appeared in Olla, An Anthology of Sixty Years of Song under the title, The Jolly Barber in 1946.
- 1907 - Finds out about Rose’s order of 120 bottles in 5 months, from one merchant only.